JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm uplifted to read of others here with good paring.
After 40 years of blissful marriage juxtaposed to campfire and water cooler male bonding, I've been left unable to relate to others as they relentlessly bash their spouses.

Wife 2.0 has been a saint, 18 years of happy marriage and lots of fun times together! Sure there up's and downs but that's life! Glad you learned the truth about this girl and had the strength to call it off with her! Now get back up, dust yer self off and go get um! The next girl might just be "THE ONE" so start looking, cause ya never know!

I'm uplifted to read of others here with good paring.
After 40 years of blissful marriage juxtaposed to campfire and water cooler male bonding, I've been left unable to relate to others as they relentlessly bash their spouses.

LOL!!! After nearly 46 years of a happy marriage, I just look at the wife bashers and chuckle! :D

Far be it from me to judge how other people conduct their lives. Lord knows I ain't perfect.
But my opinion after reading your opening post is:

"Him needs to get a new Her."

'Cuz the one Him's got now is FUBAR.
Be happy you moved on.

Nope no freaking way. The key word here is EX!

When I broke up several times in the past the best thing ever was to break up with ALL. Her entire family. No contact, move on and make my life better. During the break up there was contact with her family of course, but once all valuables were collected the line of all communication stopped.

If an ex would have contacted me and said hey, someone needs help take her to the ER, I would call 911 for them, but that would be the extent of it. Oh your out to dinner? Cant break away?, just a sorry excuse to drag you back into un needed drama!

We are both always working on it, never settling on status quo. Always talk to each other with respect and listening to each other! Admitting when I'm wrong, and settling any disagreements before they get out of hand, and never staying mad at each other! It helps that we are, and have always been best friends!

Him should try real hard to grow a pair of testicles.
just saying

Hahahahahaha! If the worst thing that can be said about me is that I need to "grow a pair" because I showed compassion to an elderly woman who was sick as a dog, I'm pretty ok with that. Moreover, I could easily have demanded that she go help her mom as this was all playing out. The thought certainly did cross my mind. However the world handed me a "test" of sorts here and it seemed like a better idea to see how she would handle it. She failed. And the relationship was terminated. Seems like if I needed to grow a pair, I would still be with her.

Hahahahahaha! If the worst thing that can be said about me is that I need to "grow a pair" because I showed compassion to an elderly woman who was sick as a dog, I'm pretty ok with that. Moreover, I could easily have demanded that she go help her mom as this was all playing out. The thought certainly did cross my mind. However the world handed me a "test" of sorts here and it seemed like a better idea to see how she would handle it. She failed. And the relationship was terminated. Seems like if I needed to grow a pair, I would still be with her.
Sorry, I didn't read the whole thing. I never do. I probably should have said that.
STFU though. nice talk.

just kidding!

We are both always working on it, never settling on status quo. Always talk to each other with respect and listening to each other! Admitting when I'm wrong, and settling any disagreements before they get out of hand, and never staying mad at each other! It helps that we are, and have always been best friends!

I'm 23 years in on Wife 1.0 and plan to stick with that model ;) Early on we had some rough patches, but we agreed to counseling and worked on what ended up being different expectations, communicated in different ways. Get that sorted and things smoothed out considerably. We respect each other and even though we don't agree 100% on everything, we respect the other's right to a different point of view. The longer we're married, the more alike our thoughts have become though, it will be interesting where we are another 23 years from now :)

I came from a divorced family, my wife came from a mother that stuck with a, well, bit of an a-hole of a father, who treated her and her mom kind of like crap. They are still together, and quite honestly, that family probably would have done better if her mom had dumped him. But they're at 55 years now, so unlikely to change.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top