JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While your in the ER get mother to write her out of the will.

I don't have much of a loving relationship with my mother, but if she needed to go to the hospital, food and drinks would be the last thing on my mind.

A year ago today I came up to the Pacific Northwest to look for a place to live and to heal from a relationship that imploded. I am, no doubt, in a bit of a reflective mood tonight.

Anyway, the "her" in the story is my ex fiancé. And the scenario is the night I knew the relationship was over. It happened pretty much as I described it. And to this day I'm not sure I really understand how a person can be like that. The irony here…aside from the fact that she is a mother herself with two daughters of her own…is the amount that she used to talk about the importance of family, of "sharing the load," and "being there for each other." But as I came to discover, these were all descriptions of what she wanted, not what she intended to give.

Intellectually I know I dodged a bullet. But it still makes me sad sometimes. If you're ever thinking about getting married, make sure you live with them first. There's so much that stays hidden until you move in.

A year ago today I came up to the Pacific Northwest to look for a place to live and to heal from a relationship that imploded. I am, no doubt, in a bit of a reflective mood tonight.

Anyway, the "her" in the story is my ex fiancé. And the scenario is the night I knew the relationship was over. It happened pretty much as I described it. And to this day I'm not sure I really understand how a person can be like that. The irony here…aside from the fact that she is a mother herself with two daughters of her own…is the amount that she used to talk about the importance of family, of "sharing the load," and "being there for each other." But as I came to discover, these were all descriptions of what she wanted, not what she intended to give.

Intellectually I know I dodged a bullet. But it still makes me sad sometimes. If you're ever thinking about getting married, make sure you live with them first. There's so much that stays hidden until you move in.
Dang man, glad to hear you've moved on from that witch. My cousin who is also my best friend broke up with his fiance of 10 years ago back in March because she had been cheating on him using an alter ego for years. Similarly, my wife's sister who is also her best friend broke up with her fiance of 6 years around the same exact time due to physical abuse. Well, we hooked them and they are living with us now. Best room mates ever. Anyhow, I can only imagine how you felt at the time but at the same time Noone needs someone like that in their life.

Sad story :(, but glad you figured it out beforehand - many folks would have gone ahead and got married anyway, only to push the pain farther and deeper. You made the right call.

Eyes wide open... Happy to know you seen the light long before the train was close enough to do damage...

Some of us weren't so smart... A story for another time...

The best part, wife 2.0 was not only a major upgrade but a perfect fit from a comparability point of view...

So, the lesson to be learned is, there's something much better waiting in your future.

Ending relationships can certainly be brutal!

That said, please allow me to congratulate you on narrowly missing being tied to an absolute witch!
Remember, "Time wounds all heels!" Wait..."Time heals all wounds!" ......Yes! That's the one! Seriously, though it's hard, celebrate your freedom from that one!:cool:

she sounds self centered.

i dont mean to sound insensitive but the only way to get over the last one is to get under the next one ;)

Last Edited:

Yup, if you ever want to have a beer and discuss the whys and the wherefores of wimmenfolk, PM me. I don't have many answers but my past experience included saints to psychos!!!:eek:

Brutus Out

That sounds a lot like someone who has almost no investment in the relationships they have. Sounds like there was something really wrong with this one, good thing you got rid of it.

Dodged a bullet is right.

BTDT, didn't learn until it was too late. By then a child was involved and it went downhill from there.

Never again.

Indeed, I have known a woman online who I thought was most everything I would like in a companion. But over the last year or so I have come to learn that she seems to be anti-gun to a point, or rather pro gun control (not opposed to guns so much as far as I can tell, just thinks there should be laws controlling guns).

Some things I can let slip, but since I am a prepper and I believe firearms are needed, I don't need to let someone into my life who may someday decide that they need to turn me in (and/or my family) for owning guns she thinks we shouldn't own. So pretty much a deal breaker right there and I have recently decided I won't let this friendship move on to the next stage due to that incompatibility. I just can't take the risk. I would rather live alone as I have for the past 3+ decades - much happier alone than I was married.

Dodged a bullet is right.

BTDT, didn't learn until it was too late. By then a child was involved and it went downhill from there.
Never again.
Indeed, I have known a woman online who I thought was most everything I would like in a companion. But over the last year or so I have come to learn that she seems to be anti-gun to a point, or rather pro gun control (not opposed to guns so much as far as I can tell, just thinks there should be laws controlling guns).
Some things I can let slip, but since I am a prepper and I believe firearms are needed, I don't need to let someone into my life who may someday decide that they need to turn me in (and/or my family) for owning guns she thinks we shouldn't own. So pretty much a deal breaker right there and I have recently decided I won't let this friendship move on to the next stage due to that incompatibility. I just can't take the risk. I would rather live alone as I have for the past 3+ decades - much happier alone than I was married.
Wise.

Are you implying people live in SIN!!!!:eek::p

I totally agree - a year minimum IMO.

I found someone who is always willing to put my needs first, and she found the same.

22 years together and 20 years married - nothing's changed; although we can and still occasionally have heated arguments about things, it's not how you fight it's how you resolve it;).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top