JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
UPDATED: See post #25

Please give me your opinion on the below situation and/or behavior.

6 p.m. on a Thursday evening...

Her: Hi, hey my mom (75 years old) is really sick. She's been throwing up all day. My brother is stuck at a work function. Would you be able to go pick her up and take her to Urgent Care for me?

Him: Of course! Are you stuck at work?

Her: No, I'm going out for dinner and drinks with my girlfriend

An hour and a half later at Urgent Care...

Him: Hi, hey this bad. We're headed to the Emergency Room

Her: Oh...um...ok, well my brother should be there in an hour or so. I'm going to finish up dinner and I'll see you at home later.

Note: Mom and daughter have a great relationship. It's not like they hate each other or something.

Last Edited:
Err, uh, huh?
Frankly, I'm lost in words with meaningless direction

I'll also add, for someone elderly that is upchucking even half of the day, it's doctor time.

Opinion - any woman that would ask a husband to take a sick mother to the hospital so she can go to dinner and drinks with a friend is someone that would be a bit questionable to me. My wife would only ask that of me if she were somehow incapacitated or unable to get there - and I would do it for her. Seems some priorities are a bit mixed up.

Me, "WTF, your mother is sick and you are going out for dinner and drinks with the girls?" and you want me to take her to the doc? She is your mother, your friends can wait. if I can get her to the doc faster than you can from where she is I will take her but you meet me there, the girls can take a rain check..."

That's my take, YMMV

Brutus out

I'll explain in bit. Let's just leave it as is for now.

Cabo, it's just too germane to the situation to make a call without knowing who "she" is!

Different "she's" are going to require different approaches!

For instance:
Girlfriend = Kiss off and die, you self centered bridge troll!
Spouse = um....NO! Tell your friends to kiss off and die! You self centered bridge troll!
Her Aunt = Ki.....well...you can see where it's going!

Alternative Spouse = You mean your mom who I've detested since the moment I met her! Wow! I hope she doesn't die before your little girlie party gets finished! :D

Last Edited:
"Okay, I've got this. Just remember, if the doctors need you to break off what you're doing to come sign one of those pesky DNR forms, be sure to chew some gum so they can't tell you've been drinking."

So if this is a true scenario...It sounds more like an excuse to be out with a "guy friend" rather than a girlfriend. Your spidey sense should be all activated...whether GF or spouse said this to you. Every woman I have ever been involved with....mom is usually at the top of their "drop everything for" list. While me, and brothers, sisters, dad fall somewhere below the kids and/or pets.

Brutus Out

In my previous post I told, Cabo, that's it's too difficult to make a judgment without knowing who "she" is.
With a bit more time to think about it, I've changed my mind somewhat. This person has, at the very least, maturity problems! What decent person wouldn't rush to their parent(s) bedside in an emergency situation! Assuming that, Cabo's correct in the assessment that there is no hatred involved!
Curiouser and curiouser!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads