JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Quotes from : DuraCoat Firearm Finishes Questions

"DuraHeat high temp is available in six colors and used primarily on the barrels of fully automatic weapons. DuraHeat is capable of withstanding temperatures of up 1800 degrees F, and cures at room temperature.

Will DuraCoat burn off my barrel?
DuraCoat can withstand temperatures as high has 500-600 degrees F. With "normal" shooting, your barrel will never get close to being that hot. If you are fortunate enough to own a transferable machine gun, or if you like to "blaze" with your semi-auto, do not put DuraCoat on your barrel, as your barrel temperature will rise to over 1,000 degrees F. In those cases, use DuraHeat. Our DuraHeat coating can handle temperatures up to 1,800 degrees F."

Just for fun watch this AK on fire :

Burning AK47 - 300 Rounds & on Fire - YouTube

And, this has what to do with poorly prepped amateur messes seen too often on otherwise nice firearms? My complaint is that there seems to be a fad of ruining guns with amateur messes made by spray cans, and then somehow thinking there is value added, or at least not subtracted.

$.02

Now, that's a professional airbrush job by a real artist and I can see some gal stepping up to the plate for that. But, that's not what the OP is about. :)

It seems the simple answer Gunner is simply not to buy a spray-painted gun and ignore the ads. Ignoring it doesn't cost you anything, just move onto the next gun. I find a good portion of the guns posted here overpriced for one reason or another. I've probably even been guilty of overpricing a time or two myself. But when I see a gun overpriced, I shake my head and use the little (<--) button on my browser. It might work for you as well. Just saying...

OK, I'll paint all of my guns to look like this. Then my guns will be worthless, but I'll be uber safe. :)

Gnv.jpg

i would so buy this gun!

I get a kick out of the post that say "Painted with kryon but easy to remove" . I feel like telling them if its easy why don't they do it. Sure its easy to remove if you have 5 hours and some tough solvents a couple tooth brushes and then when you remove the krylon you find out why it was painted.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top