JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, so you like Krylon paint. Have fun. Blast away. Maybe you even use a high quality paint to camo your AR or your bolt. You get it all over everything including the scope, mounts, stock - everything. Of course you don't even properly prep the greasy gun for paint as a body shop would, so you have some peeling here and there.

Then you think it's worth as much or more than a new one that doesn't look like it's been dragged through the mud.

Sorry for the rant, but I keep seeing guns I'd otherwise buy for the price, but to me the gun is ruined.

$.02

Or hows about your standard commercial AR that is covered in eighty bucks worth of Cheaper Than Dirt crap meant for airsoft guns, making it look tackier than a Florida vacation and THEN priced like a high end AR. There's my $0.02.

I look at it as the same as painting your car with rattle can paint. You might think it cool your 1995 Corolla looks like Hello Kitty but the only thing I'd want it for is a target.

Some day there might be a need to add some 'camoflague' to some of my firearms. I won't be concerned about their value to others any more though.

dont like it, dont buy it. i've bought painted bubblegum before... lacquer thinner makes it not painted anymore. i've also stripped stuff i've painted and sold it without issue.

OK, so you like Krylon paint. Have fun. Blast away. Maybe you even use a high quality paint to camo your AR or your bolt. You get it all over everything including the scope, mounts, stock - everything. Of course you don't even properly prep the greasy gun for paint as a body shop would, so you have some peeling here and there.

Then you think it's worth as much or more than a new one that doesn't look like it's been dragged through the mud.

Sorry for the rant, but I keep seeing guns I'd otherwise buy for the price, but to me the gun is ruined.

$.02

Yes!

"Black Rifles were made 'Black' for a Reason"

I like painted guns, I don't use the cheep stuff, I use everything from brownells. I do love old metal in wood but you have to keep up with the times. I just started using dura and cera and feel like excising my talents by doing camo and Zombies/Sculls. I also do black oxide and accelerated rust bluing along with some nitrite bluing. SO TO EACH THEIR OWN is what I'm saying.

Spray can painted guns are a great idea!
They are designed for urban areas to blend in with the graffiti.
It's Urban Camo! :)

OK, I'll paint all of my guns to look like this. Then my guns will be worthless, but I'll be uber safe. :)

Gnv.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top