JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
On the rails all you need to do is heat treat the ejector part of the rail I have 1,500+ rounds on more than one I have built just heat treating the ejector part of the rail. Plus when you assemble it and fit the bolt you will need to file the ejector for the bolt to clear which will require it to be heat treated again.

Also heat treating the rails is hard on the drills, reamers, and files always best to do it after installed and every thing is fit just perfect.

On the rails all you need to do is heat treat the ejector part of the rail I have 1,500+ rounds on more than one I have built just heat treating the ejector part of the rail. Plus when you assemble it and fit the bolt you will need to file the ejector for the bolt to clear which will require it to be heat treated again.

Also heat treating the rails is hard on the drills, reamers, and files always best to do it after installed and every thing is fit just perfect.

I guess different people build there AK's different ways.I am not sure where you get you flats from but when I get them, the holes in the rails are already drilled. My opinion about the rails is to heat treat the entire rail and then aneal the rails , then install. When the holes in the rails are already there it is very easy to install them using the center bushing to get the correct location. If you install the trunions before the rails, then you can check fit and file as needed before you heat treat the rails. So I guess the yes or no answer to my question is a simple no you did not heat treat the rails before you installed them. I guess I do mine a little different then you. I have built 9 AK's of different variants. Everyone works like it supposed to. Where in Washington are you? Thanx for your time.

You must have used Tapco for the rails to be pre-drilled these are ak-builder which are the Cadillac of build products.

I am In Vancouver..

I have done a lot of buisness with Curtis. All my tooling came from him. He has aircraft quality tooling. As far as flats go, flats are flats. There is not a whole lot of difference when punching out a flat piece of metal. There are a lot more flats out there that are not Tapco that have the rail holes already drilled. A ton of generic ones that have no name. That's cool...to each there own. I did not mean to get into a discussion about flats. I am sorry if this strayed from your add. Thanx for the info.

I have done a lot of buisness with Curtis. All my tooling came from him. He has aircraft quality tooling. As far as flats go, flats are flats. There is not a whole lot of difference when punching out a flat piece of metal. There are a lot more flats out there that are not Tapco that have the rail holes already drilled. A ton of generic ones that have no name. That's cool...to each there own. I did not mean to get into a discussion about flats. I am sorry if this strayed from your add. Thanx for the info.

But there is a whole lot of difference in the flat and it's layout, toprail layout, and hole placement.

dude...you need to read up on the laws on home built receivers......what you have here is a felony and I suggest you remove this ad....

once the receiver is bent its your...cannot be sold unless you serialize them with a number, city and state of manufacture, and manufacturing companies name..at which point it must be transfered through an FFL to the buyer. same goes for a built ak on a home made receiver.

Please be aware of the laws regarding these type of things if you intend to partake in them.

dude...you need to read up on the laws on home built receivers......what you have here is a felony and I suggest you remove this ad....

once the receiver is bent its your...cannot be sold unless you serialize them with a number, city and state of manufacture, and manufacturing companies name..at which point it must be transfered through an FFL to the buyer. same goes for a built ak on a home made receiver.

Please be aware of the laws regarding these type of things if you intend to partake in them.

I am afraid the dude is right, which explains why we only find commercially mfg 80% or 100% receivers, and nothing in between.

Yes, They Can Be Sold..

From a ATF Letter I have, also on the ATF FAQ ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions

"Individuals manufacturing sporting-type firearms for their own use need not hold Federal
Firearms Licenses (FFLs). However, we suggest that the manufacturer at least identify the firearm with a serial number as a safeguard in the event that the firearm is lost or stolen. Also, the firearm should be identified as required in 27 CFR 478.92 if it is sold or otherwise lawfully transferred in the future."

Now, To just save peace and wasted bandwidth please delete.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top