JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Elections is one thing—maybe the most important thing. But pressuring politicians on critical votes is also important—this means phoning them, emailing them, and writing physical letters when a vote is pending. And getting your wife, your kids, your friends, their friends —everyone you can round up to do the same.

Politicians assume that for each message they get, x number of others feel the same way. Numbers tell.

Dont just wait around for the next election, hoping for a different wind to blow. That's not how successful 2A groups have won victories. They put the pressure on at each vote.

I think we're screwed boys. It's more likely our only hope is moving to TX or AK, but here's hoping.

FWIW all my reps have a funny little R beside their name, but the rest of you folks need to abandon the blue regions and turn some purple to red.

I think we're screwed boys. It's more likely our only hope is moving to TX or AK, but here's hoping.

FWIW all my reps have a funny little R beside their name, but the rest of you folks need to abandon the blue regions and turn some purple to red.

I went to contact my Rep........Mrs. Burdick did not seem to care about my input (she introduced the bill). Press F for Oregon. My beloved state is dead to me.

Put the pressure on them folks—tell everyone you know. Burn up their phones, fill their voicemails and mailboxes. If your rep is Republican, tell them to WALK OUT. If your rep is a Dem, tell them you oppose the bill and you are urging their Republican colleagues to walk out.

Insisted on a walk out weeks ago.

Only got one response last night from one rep who says we need to write in to get on the schedule and testify in person (via zoom) at a meeting scheduled less than 24 hours from receiving the notification. Additionally, written testimony will only be accepted for 24 hours after the start of the meeting.
Anyone remember what happened the last time they opened testimony via zoom? Isn't it convenient that they schedule these hearings in the middle of the work week and the middle of the work day, close down in-person public access to the hearing, give only a few seconds of zoom time to the opposition and limit testimony to a 24 hour window?

"(Transfers)
"SECTION 4. (1) If a person transfers a firearm and a criminal
background check under ORS 166.435 is required prior to the transfer,
the person shall transfer the firearm:
"(a) With an engaged trigger or cable lock; or
"(b) In a locked container.
"(2)(a) A violation of subsection (1) of this section is a Class C vio-
lation.
"(b) Each firearm transferred in violation of subsection (1) of this
section constitutes a separate violation.
"(3) If a firearm transferred in a manner that violates subsection
(1) of this section is used to injure a person or property within two
years of the violation, in an action against the transferor to recover
damages for the injury, the violation of subsection (1) of this section
constitutes per se negligence, and the presumption of negligence may
not be overcome by a showing that the transferor acted reasonably.
"(4) Subsection (3) of this section does not apply if the injury results
from a lawful act of self-defense or defense of another person.
"(5) This section does not apply to:
"(a) The transfer of a firearm made inoperable for the specific
purpose of being used as a prop in the making of a motion picture or
a television, digital or similar production.
"(b) A transfer that occurs when a firearm is taken from the owner
or possessor of the firearm by force.

"(5)(a) Fees for concealed handgun licenses are: "(A) $15 to the Department of State Police for conducting the fingerprint check of the applicant. "(B) [$50] $100 to the sheriff for the initial issuance [or renewal] of a concealed handgun license. "(C) $75 to the sheriff for the renewal of a concealed handgun li- cense. "[(C)] (D) $15 to the sheriff for the duplication of a license because of loss or change of address. "(b) The sheriff may enter into an agreement with the Department of Transportation to produce the concealed handgun license. "(6) No civil or criminal liability shall attach to the sheriff or any au- thorized representative engaged in the receipt and review of, or an investi- gation connected with, any application for, or in the issuance, denial or revocation of, any license under ORS 166.291 to 166.295 as a result of the lawful performance of duties under those sections. "(7) Immediately upon acceptance of an application for a concealed handgun license, the sheriff shall enter the applicant's name into the Law Enforcement Data System indicating that the person is an applicant for a concealed handgun license or is a license holder.

This seems to buck the national trend, I hope it fails and does not signal the reversal of the trend.

I know it's preaching to the choir but how anyone can say keeping firearms from the most law abiding is a good idea seems quite a mystery.

Been waiting for a blue state to counter signal the 20 states which have passed constitutional carry, ya know just because F YOU!. Looks like oregon wants to fix bayonets and lead the charge.

I plan on writing letters soon; however, I did have a couple questions I hoped someone here would know the answer to.

1. What is the problem this bill is supposed to solve? (Please don't answer with "guns are bad" or "discriminating against CHL") I am curious what the reasoning supporters of this bill are giving. This site is the first place I have heard of it.

2. Is there a place I can find CHL statistics for OR? More specifically, I am wondering about crime statistics from CHL holders and also other incidents (neg discharges etc.) In other words, is there any evidence that CHL holders are a problem or have been a danger to anyone in OR?

Thanks

Another question, is there an Oregon gun lobby group that is working on this maybe to raise awareness in the state for how foolish this is?

I plan on writing letters soon; however, I did have a couple questions I hoped someone here would know the answer to.

1. What is the problem this bill is supposed to solve? (Please don't answer with "guns are bad" or "discriminating against CHL") I am curious what the reasoning supporters of this bill are giving. This site is the first place I have heard of it.

2. Is there a place I can find CHL statistics for OR? More specifically, I am wondering about crime statistics from CHL holders and also other incidents (neg discharges etc.) In other words, is there any evidence that CHL holders are a problem or have been a danger to anyone in OR?

Thanks

Another question, is there an Oregon gun lobby group that is working on this maybe to raise awareness in the state for how foolish this is?

1: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Measures/Overview/SB554 where it says catchline/summary expand the + icon

From the above article "
The bill's supporters say escalating political tensions and outbursts of violence creates a need for more serious restriction.

In a floor speech, Sen. Ginny Burdick, D-Portland, brought up the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol building, and a foiled extremist plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer."

2: gathered from the first google result (I suggest others research their own using the net vs wanting spoon feeds to come to your OWN deductions)

That would be OFF

If you are trying to see if there is logic to the anti gunners actions.....there isn't any, you lose out and it doesn't stop if allowed.

Last Edited:
I can tell you what I think drove legislators to create SB554: open carry protests in Salem on the steps of the capitol.

Regardless of what your opinion is about open carry, if a legislator is already pre-disposed to not liking armed constituents outside their building, this bill would make it easier for them to outlaw all firearms (open and concealed carry) in public buildings like the capitol, which include the surrounding grounds and parks.

Looks like a bunch of kids playing toy soldier to me.

ENPHMVSZS5BI7IL4P4HRSJNCLA.jpg

OIE5MNDJ2BDVDEWBW3T7BHN6XY.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR