JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because it leans more toward propaganda than a proper answer. A proper answer would, at minimum, expand on "no go" zones by stating that it includes public buildings and schools, mention that the entities controlling those locations would have the discretion to designate them as such, and note that the punishment for violation is increased to a maximum of 5 years in jail or a $125k fine. It also increases the fees for getting a CHL.

Because it leans more toward propaganda than a proper answer. A proper answer would, at minimum, expand on "no go" zones by stating that it includes public buildings and schools, mention that the entities controlling those locations would have the discretion to designate them as such, and note that the punishment for violation is increased to a maximum of 5 years in jail or a $125k fine. It also increases the fees for getting a CHL.
To be fair, I appreciate you are asking qualitative questions about the bill.

OTOH, we have reached a point for many where additional restrictions of our rights is no longer a matter up for discussion, so to some of us, matters not whether we are slapped on the right cheek or the left - we are taking blows.

I actually got an email from a staffer explaining WHY my representative cast his 'No' vote. Here is my reply:

"I am familiar with the argument. It is disingenuous. Mr. F****** cast a theatrical vote to benefit himself instead of walking out and refusing to allow a quorum to vote on a forgone conclusion. I am taking the time to write this reply to you because you did have the courtesy to reply to me. But I stand by my statement, UNLESS Mr. F****** is willing to state he did not know how the vote was going to go. Because in that case, I am not mad at his duplicity, I am disappointed in his lack of grasp of the issues. Neither position represents my interests well."

Last Edited:
Seeing as how my reps are both Super Dems, there is zero point in contacting them, other then to get the current Super Dem propaganda letter telling me how much they support me, and how much they are working their bubblegum's off in my best interests, while cutting off both my arms, and then kicking me under the bus!

That Ron Wyden sure needs to take his meds, the "Affliction" he has is sure showing!
View attachment 853708
Nothing of value to contribute. I did send a message to both of the Oregon Senators.

I heard back from Mr. Merkley, nothing from Mr. Wyden.

I really posted this to like the Mouth of Sauron pic. So very fitting.

Contacting my elected representatives is like talking to the dog, no wait she listens to me... It's like talking to a rock. I seldom, if ever get a response and it's always the same form letter, thank you for contacting, sharing your point of view, but I'm still supporting...

We need a serious shakeup in Oregon politics, time for the incumbents to be shown the door, let's clean house, so to speak....

d24d19ff731bcb84f3ea433c54955233.jpg

Contacting my elected representatives is like talking to the dog, no wait she listens to me... It's like talking to a rock. I seldom, if ever get a response and it's always the same form letter, thank you for contacting, sharing your point of view, but I'm still supporting...

We need a serious shakeup in Oregon politics, time for the incumbents to be shown the door, let's clean house, so to speak....
Yes

Nothing of value to contribute. I did send a message to both of the Oregon Senators.

I heard back from Mr. Merkley, nothing from Mr. Wyden.

I really posted this to like the Mouth of Sauron pic. So very fitting.
Wyden and Merkley are not voting on SB-554. It is a state bill.

This bill is totally based on Tina Kotecs and Ginny Burdics fear of "guns". Those two are in power and do what they want. It has nothing to do with science or logic.

Thank you to all of you fighting for our rights and taking the time to contact reps. Too many gun owners do nothing as they lose ground everyday. Good job to whoever made this chat to help get people involved and informed 👍👍

Thank you!

My senator gets an F from the NRA, but the new state rep Tawna Sanchez got this letter from me, with my full name and address below the message. Subject, please vote no on SB 554.

Dear Senator Sanchez:

Please vote no on SB554. There are already far too many laws making honest citizens criminals, and we don't need more bad laws, please vote no on SB554.

Thank you
XXX
XXXX N your district

Great link thank you! https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/FindYourLegislator/leg-districts.html single click on your address and you get your senator, rep and congressman along with an email address. Send them emails in!

Good morning,

Thank you for contacting our office regarding this legislation – Representative Sanchez will take a look at the bill when it arrives on the House side. Please don't hesitate to contact our office in the future regarding additional issues of concern.

Sincerely,

Jon Pugsley

Legislative Director

If your Rep is a Dem, encourage them to vote No on the bill.

If your Rep is a Republican, it's not enough for them to vote No (the Dems have the votes to pass it without any Republican support); you must insist that your Republican Rep walk out.
That's the only way to stop it.

Reassure your Republican representative that you will support a walk out. They are afraid that if they walk out, they will accused of "not doing their job." In this case, walking out IS their job, and we expect nothing less. Merely voting "no" is not enough—it won't stop the bill.

Tell them it's not right to force them to risk a felony just for picking the kids up from school. Tell them that CHL holders are not the problem. That CHL holders have already passed the most stringent background check. Tell them this bill would mean a lot of unattended pistols being left in cars. Tell them to WALK OUT. They can return when their demands (for our basic rights) are met.

My email to Oregon House Rep Bill Post (Keizer) this morning:

"Both this year and last year I have sent you generous contributions, and praised your level headed leadership in the Oregon legislature in the Facebook groups I manage, which total about 20,000 members, and I've promoted you likewise on Northwest Firearms Forum, which has 60,000 members.

I'm now sorry I did so. I am withdrawing any and all support for your re-election campaigns and any effort to run for governor. You have not only betrayed all gun owners in Oregon with your support of Girod and the other opportunist turncoats, you saw fit to ridicule those who take exception to what they have done and your support of it. If you think I am a clown then it would make sense for you to send back my contributions. You have damaged your reputation permanently. There is no forgive and forget possible. I will actively work against you from this point forward. You can never be trusted."

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 11.15.14 AM.png

Problem is the azzhats keep voting the same incompetents back in, election after election. Legislators hands should be tied when it comes to givaways, the taxpayers should have the final say, they're footing the bill after all...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top