JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got this reply from Rep Sal Esquivel today:

"[email protected]
<broken link removed>

HB 4147 - Rep. Williamson's Gun Bill is scheduled for a House Floor Vote today. I do not believe we have the votes we need to override the majority party on this bill. You can count on my NO vote as I feel this is just another attempt to eat away at our Second Amendment rights.

I have heard people say that it isn't a Second Amendment issue, but each step that is taken towards removing guns from lawful individuals is a step in the direction of destroying the Second Amendment.

At this point, phone calls and emails directed at Majority Party offices may be the only recourse we have. House Democrats - let them know how you feel about HB 4147.

Remember you can watch the Floor proceedings at: Floor Proceedings

Floor begins today at 10:30 a.m."

Keep voting for this guy!

Got this reply from Rep Sal Esquivel today:

"[email protected]
<broken link removed>

HB 4147 - Rep. Williamson's Gun Bill is scheduled for a House Floor Vote today. I do not believe we have the votes we need to override the majority party on this bill. You can count on my NO vote as I feel this is just another attempt to eat away at our Second Amendment rights.

I have heard people say that it isn't a Second Amendment issue, but each step that is taken towards removing guns from lawful individuals is a step in the direction of destroying the Second Amendment.

At this point, phone calls and emails directed at Majority Party offices may be the only recourse we have. House Democrats - let them know how you feel about HB 4147.

Remember you can watch the Floor proceedings at: Floor Proceedings

Floor begins today at 10:30 a.m."

Keep voting for this guy!
Keep voting for Sal, Betsy and several others that are steadfast in standing against chipping away at the Second Amendment...

Keep the emails and calls coming in, let them feel the pressure... We need to out numbers those who want to take away our rights...

By the way, I've produced a few batch mailings this morning... And several phone calls already...

Did anyone else choke on the Democratic position on the emergency clause? They're saying that voting is complicated, and the people would be too confused if the legislature allowed them to vote on additional issues. Thus, the emergency clause protects the citizens from making decisions.

You can't make this stuff up.

^^^
So wait, let me get this right...

We're not intelligent enough to be able to make an informed decision about legislation... So we should have ballot issues...

But we're sufficiently intelligent enough to select the better qualified candidate to elect to the state legislature???

Perhaps they're right, we don't seem to be able to elect intellectual types to the state legislature...

This is what happens when the loons run the looney bin...

This bill was moved from Thursday (2/18) to today, Friday (2/19) because the house spent too much time discussing minimum wage and giving themselves a raise...

Call and email your representatives, let's try to keep this bill from getting off the house floor.

Also, might want to reach out to the Senate Rules Committee, as that's where it'll land if it gets off the house floor...

I've already filled up their inboxed and gotten the usual phone rhetoric...

Let's bombard them with as much as we can!!!!

Hi Folks,

Once again the House of Representitives has kicked the can down the road and HB 4147 will not hit the floor until Monday, February 22nd...

Let's keep the pressure up, I'm sure we are having an impact on this bit getting a vote...

I'm drafting more emails to have queued up for Monday morning...

Can I believe Val Hoyle????? Received this reply today.

Hello,

Thanks so much for writing to me.

Public safety is top priority for me, and that includes ensuring that people who may be dangerous don't have easy access to deadly weapons. I also believe in ensuring the proper protections of civil liberties and due process.

I will need to study all of these bills further before taking official position, I can say that it would have to include the proper protections for our civil liberties and due process if I am going to support it.

Thanks again and please stay in touch,

Representative Val Hoyle

Oregon House District 14

West Eugene | Junction City | Cheshire

Capitol Office:

900 Court Street NE, H-283

Salem OR, 97301

Capitol Phone: (503) 986-1414

Email: [email protected]

Foreverlost,

Did anyone else choke on the Democratic position on the emergency clause? They're saying that voting is complicated, and the people would be too confused if the legislature allowed them to vote on additional issues. Thus, the emergency clause protects the citizens from making decisions.

You can't make this stuff up.

Most people are too lazy to vote anyway, which is better for those of us who care. Bubblegum the legislators, the emergency petition HAS to go all the way.

4147 passed the house with 31 yea votes. That means there were 29 nay votes. No breakdown yet. The senate is 18 to 12 so it's pretty much a slam dunk unless it somehow gets tabled.

FWIW, all reps are up for a vote and 16 senate seats up this November. Get involved and pay attention.

It just past in the House, and now goes on to the Senate.

Moms Demand Action Oregon just celebrated with this post on their Facebook page at the link down below. A half dozen of their reps were right there at the House today, lobbying for passage, as you can see in their photo.

https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandActionOR/posts/637397359731853

These Moms are demanding action:

moms_demand.jpg

^^^ So many things I could say about that picture... Time to push on the Senate, a lost cause I know... But still need to do it...

Remember how you were not represented by your representative in November... And vote accordingly...

Remind your representatives that they'd rather cave to MDA and other Micheal Bloomberg funded gun grabbing groups...

When their sworn oath is to us, their constituents... They need to be held accountable...

Representative Val Holyle is celebrating the passage of HB4147 today too. She has a post on her Facebook today extolling today's vote. See the link below, to take a look.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153815515130708&id=402748740707

Here is a photo from her page showing many of the bill's supporters. She is asking all Oregonians to say that they will stand together for a safer Oregon, like these brave ladies are.

val_hoyle.jpg

Last chance get those letters in!!!!!!!

6b832a7f-47f5-4cd3-807b-36602eeab7b6.jpg

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

House Bill 4147 has passed out of the House with 31 yes votes, the bare minimum required.

Three Democrats voted "no", Brad Witt, Deborah Boone and Caddy McKeowan.

As expected, the anti-rights zealots trotted out many stories of domestic violence and mass killings, not a single one of which would have been affected by this bill.

House Rep Jeff Barker and others twisted the truth by claiming that this bill would not endanger victims of domestic violence. This is 100% false. He mentioned the provision in SB 941 that allows a person facing "imminent danger" to borrow a firearm and implied that somehow this allowed them to get a gun from a dealer without a background check.
(Barker admitted that not a single mass shooting in the last 5 years would have been prevented by this bill.)

The fact is, SB 941, passed last year, is so badly written that it is highly unlikely that a woman who feared for her life would be able to acquire a firearm for protection, and even if she did, she could only get it from a private party, not a dealer.

Those victims who simply don't have friends or family members who not only own guns but are willing to put themselves in legal jeopardy to lend one, are simply out of luck.

The proponents of the bill all agree this is only a step towards more restrictions. The bill now moves to the Senate where it has been assigned to the Senate Rules Committee.

This bill is going to move very quickly. Please contact the Rules Committee and your State Senator and urge a "No" vote.

You can support Oregon Firearms Federation and help us battle for your rights

here. If you are not already a member, a donation of any amount will make you one. Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top