JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guys, I have been yearning for an M4 style tactical carbine for quite a while but am thinking I would prefer to spend the money on a tactical AK instead. I am thinking I would like to build the best possible tac AK.

I would like some advicefrom any of you guys who are experienced in building AKs.

What I know....I would like a stock that can be shortened like the M4 stock. I think that stock looks odd on an AK but will live with it unless there is a better version more suited to an AK.
I want the caliber to be 7.62
I want to be able to put on a vertical foregrip, tac light and possibly a laser.
I also will be putting an EOtech or other combat sight on it but would like to retain iron sight usage.

What I am unsure of.....

I want a solid weapon. I am thinking some sort of milled receiver for the base (Poly tech legend etc?) Possibly a stamped receiver but I am unsure which ones are more robust. I hear some are made of thicker steel and are a better choice.
What is the best way to mount a combat sight? Those rails on the dust cover seem to be questionable and a pain to get in to clean the weapon when installed. Maybe some sort of Galil style side of the receiver welded mount.
I will want to refinish the gun when done with Duracoat or such so welding to mount things and to reinforce the receiver if necessary is fine.
What about a chrome lined barrel? What about chrome lining the area where
the gas piston is? I have seen that area corrode seriously on AKs before.

Just want to make the best possibly Tac AK I can, it will be my main weapon for life. Your ideas will be greatly appreciated. I am sure there are a ton of accessories and options for an AK that would make it great.

keepthatcrapoff.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa! Bro thats hilarious.

I actually agree with what I think you are meaning. An AK looks old school and doesn't lend itself well to having that tact tech stuff on it. I was wanting to get an M4 but when the chips are down I will gamble my life on an AK. I already have a couple but not a tac one.

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa! Bro thats hilarious.

I actually agree with what I think you are meaning. An AK looks old school and doesn't lend itself well to having that tact tech stuff on it. I was wanting to get an M4 but when the chips are down I will gamble my life on an AK. I already have a couple but not a tac one.

I have a BRAND NEW A4 stock and adapter setup for a Romanian AK (with the rear tang) been shot on once... Its VERY nice. Im putting a wire folder back on it... I like it alot, just dont need a bunch of xtra crap laying around...

PIC-0103.jpg

BTW gun doesnt have the scope on it anymore... Hollo site now a days :O)

I wouldd get rid of it if youre looking... Its not a cheap deal... Its TIGHT and SOLID

Supergenius, Stock is still available? Are you parting out your rifle or something? I thought you were considering selling the entire thing.

Take it to PM's or classified section.

Sheepdog, I think you hit the nail on the head with that setup. What is that pistol grip on that? That is the type of sight mount system that would be exactly what I am wanting. Seems that this is a short barreled pistol. I will be wantin to do this on a standard length rifle though. Would this same quad rail work on a full length rifle? Where would I get this rail? What is required to remove the sights from an AK?
Would you have any suggestions for a rifle to start the build with? Something with an excellent receiver, something that lends itself to this sort of a build?

Supergenius, Stock is still available? Are you parting out your rifle or something? I thought you were considering selling the entire thing.

Rifles not for sale... just put a holo onm it this weeekend, and the correct wire folder will be in the mail today... Scope isd going on the AR.
'
Yes the stock is still available. I really like it, but want the wire folder instead. I also have a Russian red AK as well... soI have the wood furniture covered as well... TYhe gun pictured has some work into it, and is a very very good shooter... only aboujt 600 down the barrel.

Keeping both.

LMK if your interested in the stock.
:O)

Take it to PM's or classified section.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews