JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-burressnight&prov=ap&type=lgns

From a legal standpoint, he violated a questionable law. He did something stupid and hurt himself (property) and the night club floor (property). If he works it out with the nightclub owner, then what more is there to do? It's a case of "The System" in the forms of cops, prosecutors, and judges trying to make an example of someone because they want blood, and all the better that it's a famous sports figure who has money. Why ruin people's lives, when the only 2 properties hurt are Plaxico's body that HE owns, and the nightclub?

In the end, Plaxico will get better treatment than you and I would, because there are multiple systems of justice in this country. Which one you get to endure depends on who you know and how much $ you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody loses on this one, except anti-gun politicians! The arrogance and stupidity of the perpetrator ruin his life and makes ALL gun carriers look bad.

The fool is facing a MANDATORY minimum sentence, and the politicians crow about what great gun laws they have in New York. They boast about what a low crime rate they have in the City, but forget to note that they have twice as many policemen per capita as almost any other large city! And they surely have no idea of how many hopeless people do not even bother to report crimes anymore, since they are defenseless against retaliation from the criminals if they do. Fanatic anti-gun billionaire Mayor Bloomberg has just steamrolled his City Council into changing the City Charter to repeal term-limits--no city voters needed--so that he can run for MORE terms of office as Mayor.

What's the big deal here? The Law is the Law. It was written badly, in our view. But it was broken badly, in their politicians view. The case only provides fuel for the anti-gunners......................elsullo:(

I see it as a problem because he had his gun in an ELASTIC SWEATPANTS WASTEBAND! Granted I have not taken my CHL class yet(Its tomorow night at 6:30) I am pretty sure that no holster and an elastic wasteband is not safe(as he plainly demonstrated) and this shows that people should have to take a class before carrying a deadly weapon on them. While most of us are smart about it and holster a loaded weapon, many people are just plain stupid.

Well, what I find funny is, this guy, who gets paid a load o' money, felt the need to go to a club: 1- where he was consuming alcohol, 2- carrying a gun improperly and 3- carrying a gun illegally. Now, it all might be lost- and rightfully so. No one said athletes had to be smart.

Well, what I find funny is, this guy, who gets paid a load o' money, felt the need to go to a club: 1- where he was consuming alcohol, 2- carrying a gun improperly and 3- carrying a gun illegally. Now, it all might be lost- and rightfully so. No one said athletes had to be smart.

Not to mention, with how much he makes WHY was he wearing sweatpants to a club? I am 25 and go out every once in a while, maybe its cause of living in Portland but the clubs I go to have dress codes which generally involves nice jeans, no backwards hats, no wifebeaters that sort of thing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top