JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope nope nope .
The pistol is your back up gun.
Not a primary gun.
Get a AR pistol or a regular AR carry as much ammo as you can.
Then a pistol . probably 9mm because everyone has one and ammo would be easy to find.
With 3 to 5 extra mags.
I would never drop my rifle for a pistol.
JUST SAYING.
do what you want.

Time and place for everything...

Example. Teenage girl held by possessive boyfriend in suburbs. Combat gear would attract much bad attention.

Solution was two guys in business casual with handguns, a long with the girl's father.

Time and place for everything...

Example. Teenage girl held by possessive boyfriend in suburbs. Combat gear would attract much bad attention.

Solution was two guys in business casual with handguns, a long with the girl's father.

Thats not SHTF though, just a rough Saturday morning for the BF.

It is worth being said, that during the aftermath of hurricane katrina and stuff like that, you couldn't be running around with a rifle or the national guard woukd shoot you.

A good medium -full size pistol with exra mags, concealed, and a good concealed knife was probably your only and best option.

You could build a pretty light AR pistol that wouldn't add much over a normal pistol. The ammo weight is not much more due to the much lighter bullet.

Sure you might be accurate with a pistol, but a rifle bullet should hit quite a bit harder.

What are the terminal ballistics of a .223 out of a short barrel? The round requires velocity to do it's job.

Thats not SHTF though, just a rough Saturday morning for the BF.

It is worth being said, that during the aftermath of hurricane katrina and stuff like that, you couldn't be running around with a rifle or the national guard woukd shoot you.

A good medium -full size pistol with exra mags, concealed, and a good concealed knife was probably your only and best option.

Yeah, and also lighter weight setup. I used to tell the gimps on Glock Talk this all the time YEARS before Katrina, that this Clint Smith nonsense about your handgun being there only to fight your way to your rifle is dumb AF. No no no they all said. I pointed out that you're going to get shot by a criminal sniper or the cops walking around with a rifle. Conceal your pistol and learn how to hit targets the size of a balloon reliably at 100 yards. Then Katrina happened and everyone there changed their tune...

Last Edited:
Yeah, and also lighter weight setup. I used to tell the gimps on Glock Talk this all the time YEARS before Katrina, that this Clint Smith nonsense about your handgun being there only to fight your way to your rifle is dumb AF. No no no they all said. I pointed out that you're going to get shot by a criminal sniper or the cops walking around with a rifle. Conceal your pistol and learn how to hit targets the size of a balloon reliably at 100 yards. Then Katrina happened and everyone there changed their tune...

Yeah, really depends on the situation.

I've heard good things about 77 gr terminal ballistics.

Like the mk262, firing 77 the SMK? Those are great out of an 18-20" barrel, but lose fragmentation distance pretty quick out of shorter barrel.

The 77 grain TMK bullet gets around that with a plastic tip that I think helps with expansion and BC, but those are way more expensive (black hills vs. IMI)

To be honest the IMI mk262 clones are what I stock up on as they are very accurate, but I am thinking about switching to the 62 grain MSR ammo. Would Just be an expensive switch!

Translation:

Wear a plate carrier w/o any integrated attachments underneath a separate chest rig that has all the fixin's attached to it, that way if for some reason you need to temporarily drop the weight of the steel plates yet still have your kit fixin's so you can do a task specific activity you'll have better options over what a combined plate carrier/LBE can give you.

Copy?

Like this?

First this one:

EC2CC3E3-3A30-4B86-8808-AA4085AE066F.jpeg

Then this one on top?

C0D7F64B-6F34-442C-9EE6-D7330F83A4FB.jpeg

I've never been a soldier, so I know very little about these things.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top