JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks good.

I just hope they won't be demonized for passing through a TSA checkpoint being so evil and plastic.

I'd buy one. Designed right, they'll find their place among the heavies, and likely do just fine.
1911 fans will line up to buy them.

Kimber stopped putting their name on the BP10 poly frames. They kept a cracking...I know that was a double stack. ;)

I'm curious to look at one of these and see how they reinforced it.

I think Jeff Cooper would approve.

ol-remains-the-service-pistol-of-choice-in-the-eyes-of-those-who-understand-jeff-cooper-57-78-46.jpg

I cant see any reason to make a 1911 out of plastic, but it sounds like there may be a few people willing to give em a try.
I'd like to see someone put a 460 Rowland kit on one, just not me:p

I thought Rock River had a poly frame version ?
I still like the metal guns...
I suppose if there is a new super polymer that is superior to steel and metal alloy in every way, then I can see the merit.

I see this as a stepping stone toward lightening the smaller carry 1911 type pistols. Interesting to see where they go next, maybe a 3" 9mm version. I wouldn't sell it if someone gave it to me, at least not right away.

I still love my Para Canada p14.45 double stack. My medium sized hands just prefer a thicker grip and with mag extentions I have 18 rounds of .45ACP stopping power. Plus 2 more mags on the belt. If that doesn't work, I'll grab the G34 or G19 from behind my belt. Then the .357 snubbie from my ankle. At that point, if I am still alive, I will run back to the car and pull out some more noise. :D

I've seen sooo many steel, and aluminum 1911 frames that have cracked. I guess its time to start with polymer now. Dang I bet those wee cracks are going to be hard to see..

The word super polymer makes me giggle a little....:eek:

And @AndyinEverson I agree, love them or hate them, Glock makes a good pistol.
I serviced an officers pistol last week (not a duty gun), he had put 18,500 rounds thru it. And all he has ever done was run a patch down the bore. I thought he was joking when he told me.. You know it still ran fine. All the springs were weak. $40 in new springs and a good cleaning and its ready for 18,000 more rounds!

I've seen sooo many steel, and aluminum 1911 frames that have cracked. I guess its time to start with polymer now. Dang I bet those wee cracks are going to be hard to see..

The word super polymer makes me giggle a little....:eek:

And @AndyinEverson I agree, love them or hate them, Glock makes a good pistol.
I serviced an officers pistol last week (not a duty gun), he had put 18,500 rounds thru it. And all he has ever done was run a patch down the bore. I thought he was joking when he told me.. You know it still ran fine. All the springs were weak. $40 in new springs and a good cleaning and its ready for 18,000 more rounds!
But that is a glock
Not something that looks like a 1911 in polymer. There is no such thing as a polymer 1911

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top