JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't care for their "no ceasefire" operation. They set out targets at the beginning of the day and you shoot at what's there. The shooter has to guess as to how big his group is and exactly how far off the point of aim it was. You don't get to pull your target and save it for future reference. The range will sell you a little pad that you can use to record your hits for a record but it isn't the same as taking down your own target.

Otherwise the range is great. Especially the warm, clean, not smelly, restrooms. Price is OK too.

Shot there for the first time a few weeks ago. It was nice to have a place to shoot 200-300yrds (if you can see that far). I too was surprised at the use our targets and no cease fires. It's tough to see .22 cal holes at 200yrds and bought $20 worth of shoot-n-c's for the occasion that I was unable to use. I would however pay an addition $1 (or more) to at least have a couple of big shoot-n-c's to see the hits on the 200-300 mark.

Shot there for the first time a few weeks ago. It was nice to have a place to shoot 200-300yrds (if you can see that far). I too was surprised at the use our targets and no cease fires. It's tough to see .22 cal holes at 200yrds and bought $20 worth of shoot-n-c's for the occasion that I was unable to use. I would however pay an addition $1 (or more) to at least have a couple of big shoot-n-c's to see the hits on the 200-300 mark.

If you like to shoot regularly at the 200-300 yard distances consider joining the Kenmore Range (WCW Inc.) Shoot once a month and you'll save over regular pay as you go range fees. They have a one time "initiation fee" of $200 but it gets ammortized pretty quick if you shoot often. Attend a meeting and apply for "Special Use" so you can get a key for the gate and use the 100-300 yard range anytime during daylight hours. It's nice to go there at 9:00 in the morning and have a nice comfortable range session, sometimes all by yourself. The public doesn't arrive until Noon and can't use the Member's Only 200-300 yard range. I shoot there often enough that I figure my range fees to be about $2.50 per session.

Plantation is great if you live farther North but Kenmore is also an option where you can retrieve you own targets.

\\\

Very nice range, both the pistol and rifle. I agree about the target issues with the rifle range, but prices are very reasonable as it is part of the Whatcom County Parks department. Nice to see our tax dollars going to good use.

The pistol range is fine although I'm not a huge fan of indoor pistol ranges. They do have an outdoor area for .22's next to the pistol range.

NOTE: The indoor pistol range requires the use of totally enclosed bullets (TMJ or BEB). They sell some at the range but they will check the ammo you bring.

All in all a great place in a nice area.

I've only used the rifle side of the range. The target setting protocol there can be an issue. If you're shooting an M1 Rifle, don't expect to recover your brass for reloading. Because for the same reason you can't set a target, you can't retrieve your brass. It's a nice place.

I've only used the rifle side of the range. The target setting protocol there can be an issue. If you're shooting an M1 Rifle, don't expect to recover your brass for reloading. Because for the same reason you can't set a target, you can't retrieve your brass. It's a nice place.

For anyone reading this, only the rifle range is open right now due to Covid-19 regulations. Hopefully the rest will open soon.

This is my home range. I actually appreciate not having a cease fire every time someone wants to retrieve a target. Usually at some point mid day they call a cease fire to put up fresh targets and you can retrieve a target, or at end of day you can also. Overall a nice facility. Longer distances would be nice but the site is not conducive to it so I can abide.

This is my home range. I actually appreciate not having a cease fire every time someone wants to retrieve a target. Usually at some point mid day they call a cease fire to put up fresh targets and you can retrieve a target, or at end of day you can also. Overall a nice facility. Longer distances would be nice but the site is not conducive to it so I can abide.

Is there a longer-distance range in the general area? I've heard of something beyond 300 yards on Whidbey Island.

Plantation is closed as of Friday 9/11/20 due to high fire danger. I drove up on Friday after checking website seeing no closure notice and was thwarted by a closed gate and sign. Checked website again when I got home and notice was posted. Whah, whah, whaaaaaah! Hope we get some rain soon and they re-open!

According to website Plantation is back open as of Monday 9/14. I think I will call before I head up next time though so I don't get surprised again.

Per the Whatcom County website, the high power rifle range is opened @ 100% capacity, currently 6 days per week. The pistol and small bore ranges, indoor and out, are still closed. Apparently now pending a new roof and updated ventilation system. No timetable provided as to when this might happen.

might be moving to that area soon. range sounds nice and the mandate for reducing lead exposure in the indoor range is cool to me as well. Stoked to try my SG550 at 300yards with irons.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top