JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wondering if anyone has heard about the coming comet or brown dwarf star, ELENIN. I just watch a NASA orbit projection that has me a little worried. I have heard nothing of this until yesterday. Seems to be a debate whether this is a comet or a brown dwarf star. If it is a brown dwarf we are all in a lot of trouble. I don't see any mention on the puppet head news stations, not that there would be if there is anything to really worry about. Just wondering if anyone else has heard.:s0131:

There certainly seems to be no lack of conspiracy theories about this. I have to admit they do appeal to my paranoid side a bit. However, after all of the end of the world theories I have lived through, I can't buy into this one any more than I did the others.

Its a comet that's passing by at about 21 million miles from earth... Anything else you've heard is just tin foil talking.

It's going to pass by at about .23AU from earth (1.00AU is the distance of the earth to the sun).

Yes, roughly 21 million miles. That makes it seem like a long way off, however there has been an uptick in earthquakes, volcanoes, etc, recently, and it coincides when this, whatever it is, lines up with planets in our solar system. Hold it... sorry...gotta take off my silver hat.

Whatever is coming, economic, political or planetary...Be Prepared.

Be well all,
Will

It's going to pass by at about .23AU from earth (1.00AU is the distance of the earth to the sun).

Yes, roughly 21 million miles. That makes it seem like a long way off, however there has been an uptick in earthquakes, volcanoes, etc, recently, and it coincides when this, whatever it is, lines up with planets in our solar system. Hold it... sorry...gotta take off my silver hat.

Whatever is coming, economic, political or planetary...Be Prepared.

Be well all,
Will

Yeah and its estimated to be at largest 10km wide, do the math.

Also there has been no statistical rise in earthquakes (at least large magnitude) or volcanoes... I don't know why people keep "claiming" this, but there is absolutely no scientific evidence to support it.

Yeah and its estimated to be at largest 10km wide, do the math.

Also there has been no statistical rise in earthquakes (at least large magnitude) or volcanoes... I don't know why people keep "claiming" this, but there is absolutely no scientific evidence to support it.

I'm no expert and I don't accept all that is on the internet...especially this site:s0114:
But there seems to be ample stats from USGS confirming the uptick in earthquake activity over the last 10, 20 30 years.

I've linked one the many examples below.
Major Earthquakes Increase 47 % in 3 Decades « Fire Earth

Again, I don't know, you tell me...

Be well all,
Will

I'm no expert and I don't accept all that is on the internet...especially this site:s0114:
But there seems to be ample stats from USGS confirming the uptick in earthquake activity over the last 10, 20 30 years.

I've linked one the many examples below.
Major Earthquakes Increase 47 % in 3 Decades « Fire Earth

Again, I don't know, you tell me...

Be well all,
Will

It depends on how you analyze the statistics. There will always "appear" to be an increase of smaller earthquakes over time due an increase network of seismographs, but thats only because we are able to locate more and more remote and deep quakes.

Even according to your link posted, there is no large increase in earthquakes magnitude 7+, but by adding 6-7, it shows an increase, and if you added 5-6. you would probably see even more of an increase.

Here is some info from the USGS;
<broken link removed>

If you put numbers in anyone's hands who has an agenda, they will find a way to make the "statistics" favorable for them.

Just when I thought I was all set up for bugging out if the need arises.... NOW I have to start saving for a space shuttle at the next government auction so I can get off this rock and find another one to move all my preps to................I cant catch a break.

If it's a chunk of brown dwarf star, it's going to perturb a lot of orbits on the way in (some claims on the interwebs are in the neighborhood of 2-4 Jupiter masses, and look at the effect that has on objects in the system). If not a brown dwarf, then it's a pretty big miss. If you want to get your hair standing on end, look at NEO Earth Close Approaches and see some of the close approaches: like Jul 28th of this year, a miss of .4 lunar diameters (143000 kilometers or half the distance to the moon). Others have been closer in the recent past.

elsie

Where did you get this, 10km wide?

Be well all,
Will

I dont recall the source, but there are many sources on the net quoting 3-5km, and up to 10km. This is done by using calculations relating coma size to the nucleus and its distance to the sun.

And according to predictions, it will be too dim to see with the naked eye even as it passes by at its closest point.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top