JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, I'm feeling pretty stupid. The day I was off fetching an Xmas tree, by force of habit, I put my G26 IWB like I do pretty much every day of my life. But I wasn't thinking that when I would be reaching up to put the tree on top of the car, my clothes would lift up enough for my gun to show. I was made. It turned out to be a big problem. That's a long story I won't bore you with now. But 20/20 hindsight, I should have used my Kangaroo holster, my belly band, one of my ankle holsters, but I should have known better than to put my gun on my waist knowing I'd be lifting something heavy high up.

Live and learn... :(
Scott

I would have one handed that struggling through it.

I've felt vulnerable at times when shopping and needing to reach for something. I always have to keep in mind that I'm carrying and make sure I reach with the opposite arm.

It does get comprimising at times.

Carry a long sleeved shirt in the car. If you need to lift your arms up high tie the long sleeve shirt around your waist and lift it up a little. It will cover your piece if your shirt comes too high.

If my activities may be question able I use a shoulder holster. I wear sweat pants a lot in the winter so anything around the waist is no good and a G27 does not make a good pocket EDC.
Pretty hard to get made with that combination as you almost always have a coat/heavy shirt etc it always tucks under the arm.;);)

I make some accomodations based on activities. If I will be able to get away with leaving a jacket on all day I carry the g34 or G20 OWB on my hip. For all other activities I carry the G26 usually appendix.

Longer shirts help. I purposely look for longer shirts so this won't happen to me. I've had to reach up in public numerous times, but have never been made, at least if I was, no one made a stink about it.

I always CC in the AIWB mode and only once (that I know of) have I ever been "made". We looked at each other (She went from my eyes to where she saw the gun), I said "Good Morning"...she said nothing so I continued to shop at Home Depot. I do my best to wear long enough shirts that even while lifting my arms it's not exposed, that said, I'm not going to freak out, I'll play it off as no big deal (because it isn't a big deal) and go about my business.

If someone wants to cause a fuss, that's on them...IMO.

If I wanted to open carry, I'd go out in full cowboy gear including boots and spurs and 2 single action revolvers on my waist. I'd tip my hat and say "ma'am" a lot and people would probably think I was from Montana or something. All the while, I'd be ready for ISIS:eek: :D

Last Edited:
I usually wear a long top or blazer and haven't been made except once, when a big gust of wind blew my blazer open. Someone driving by yelled out their window "nice purse". Only I wasn't carrying a purse, lol. :D
Maybe I'll try bolus's idea, except go as Annie Oakley.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top