JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In 25 years of CHL carry in Washington and Oregon no one has ever come up to me to say anything about my gun hanging out halfway as it usually does. No attempt is made to conceal other than a shirt thrown over it if I'm not wearing a jacket which I seldom do. If they did the conversation would start polite and go downhill from there.

I have a CHL, and I don't give a rats rump if my pistol prints or shows! Brandishing is a very specific charge! It's intentional in nature!

Oregon does not even have a brandishing law. It does not exist.
Merely having a gun on you (legally) in this state is not a crime.
You have to be actively threatening someone with it...and that is called something else.

The OP did not say what sort of major sh!tstorm he got in for letting his legally carried open or concealed carry pistol show although I cant for the life of me imagine what sort of disaster befell him other than having to say "STFU and mindya own business beyotch" to someone that needed an attitude adjustment.

I've only had one person that I know of that actually made a comment and she said "oh my, you have a gun" & my reply was "yes I do" (said very slowly in a deep voice like Sam Elliott or Tom Selic would say on a western TV show). :p:p:p

Only had one person ever say anything to me and that was my business partner. He looked at me then at my waist and commented
" Oh good your carrying so I don't have to worry about our money" said good buy and left :D That happened to be the first day I ever carried so I changed some stuff and have never had a problem since, that I know of.

Okay, I'm feeling pretty stupid. The day I was off fetching an Xmas tree, by force of habit, I put my G26 IWB like I do pretty much every day of my life. But I wasn't thinking that when I would be reaching up to put the tree on top of the car, my clothes would lift up enough for my gun to show. I was made. It turned out to be a big problem. That's a long story I won't bore you with now. But 20/20 hindsight, I should have used my Kangaroo holster, my belly band, one of my ankle holsters, but I should have known better than to put my gun on my waist knowing I'd be lifting something heavy high up.

Live and learn... :(
Scott

Inquiring minds want to know. :oops:

Washington is communist. Im here from Idaho I dont have a enhanced permit for reciprocity . So I go down to get a permit to abide by WA law. I get a denial letter stating Im a convicted felon. I did have a charge in 1995 in Idaho . It was dismissed. I thought I was done . Think again. Records section says it was an order of dismissal not restoration of rights , but the document clearly says full restoration of rights as a US citizen . The stupid part of it is I have an Idaho CCW, had a Utah , Oregon and even a CPL from the very same County now denying me . On top of that I have 2 FFLs a suppessor a DHS secret clearance. So WTF is up with this state? I also carry everywhere , this place is a shooting gallery , and I dont want to be a target.

I've never been made either, although I've spotted a few. And it usually results in a convo about guns and how he or I like to carry. I had a customer unhitching his 5th wheel and I made out his 1911 as his shirt lifted. I politely asked him which 1911 he carries. He smiled and covered it back up quickly. Turned into a 15 minute convo on gun rights and I referred him to NWFA! :)

One thing I like about winter is un-tucked flannel shirts, jackets, heavy coats, etc. Much easier to carry. Hawaiian shirts are sort of flimsy, but work okay in the summer.

There are activities, though, where I either carry my piece in a small backpack or simply go un-armed (as much as that pains me), into courthouses, Federal facilities, airplanes, etc. I don't leave weapons "locked" in cars/trucks with glass windows.

In T-shirt weather when I absolutely must be armed, I'll overdress as needed to remain concealed regardless of how hot it might be outside.

Can't quibble here about terms like "brandishment, menacing, threatening," etc., because I'm not up on those specific laws.

But this is a town of special snowflakes... in a pussified country teeming with sniveling libtard college students who require "safe zones" to congregate where their eyes won't see the word "Trump" chalked on things. In such an twisted atmosphere, the mere knowledge that I'm packing could potentially traumatize one or more twerps enough to feel endangered and fabricate some imaginary hostile intent on my part. I won't play that game by their rules. My rule is they'll just never know I'm armed - ironically, as much for their safety as my own.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads