JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So a Plaid Pantry that I visit at least a couple times per month was robbed on July 31st. PPD has released the surveillance footage of the whole thing. I'd like to hear what you guys would do, tactically speaking, in a couple different scenarios. Lets assume you're carrying in each of the following.

Scenario 1: You're the clerk.

Scenario 2: You walk in as the men are behind the counter.

Scenario 3: You're in a back aisle, they don't notice you're there.

Scenario 4: You're in a back aisle, they don't notice you, and they shoot the clerk.

[video=youtube_share;8T4_cDF1piI]http://youtu.be/8T4_cDF1piI[/video]

I'm not saying I'm right but I would
1. Clerk, walk, turn around leftwards, pull gun and blast em
2. have no idea, my first reaction is pull gun, and tell them to get down, definitely dont just shoot them unless they are threat to you.
3. Sit tight, text mom, tell her to call police and my location (silently)
4. same as 2

A; Tell them to grab some beer and smokes, it's not my product.

A; Dive out, draw, call 911 whilst covering the door.

A; Draw, turn my phone volume off, stay still, take aim from concealment if possible. Call 911 after they leave to give descriptions, check on clerk.

Scenario 4: You're in a back aisle, they don't notice you, and they shoot the clerk.

A; Same as 3.

A; Draw, turn my phone volume off, stay still, take aim from concealment if possible. Call 911 after they leave to give descriptions, check on clerk.

A; Same as 3.

X2

Scenario 1: at 1:27, draw, move to as much concealment as possible, and keep my sights on the armed one, when he turns to look back, if he moves that gun one bit, pull the bang switch as many times as it takes.

Scenario 2: Walk right back out.

Scenario 3: Concealed means concealed, call 911 and let the phone record, and send GPS location to the PD. Draw for protection, but maintain concealment.

Scenario 4: Same as above, then render first aid when they leave.

My first responsibility is to my family, and to provide for them. How can I do that if I get hurt while playing John Rambo?

Scenario 1: at 1:27, draw, move to as much concealment as possible, and keep my sights on the armed one, when he turns to look back, if he moves that gun one bit, pull the bang switch as many times as it takes.

Scenario 2: Walk right back out.

Scenario 3: Concealed means concealed, call 911 and let the phone record, and send GPS location to the PD. Draw for protection, but maintain concealment.

Scenario 4: Same as above, then render first aid when they leave.

My first responsibility is to my family, and to provide for them. How can I do that if I get hurt while playing John Rambo?

If I was the one to answer your 911 call, depending on where you are in the store, I may not hear anything in the background or just hear mumbling/rumbling, like any of the hundred of pocket/"butt" dials, that come in a day. Depending on your phone/carrier/location I may or may not get a accurate GPS location from your phone. After listening for about a minute to anything in the background, if I cant hear anything, you don't answer my repeated questions, I am going to disconnect to call you back, once, maybe twice and go on to the next call.

Did anyone note the discrepancies with the video? report claims clerk said they racked the slide on a shotgun - either news reporter embellishment or the clerks memory is faulty - you would think that they would have watched the video and corrected the story.

Did anyone note the discrepancies with the video? report claims clerk said they racked the slide on a shotgun - either news reporter embellishment or the clerks memory is faulty - you would think that they would have watched the video and corrected the story.

The Perps had their back to camera and were shielded from view a few times, only takes a second to rack it, camera may not have seen it, does not mean it didn't happen... I see a spot about 0:55 that looks like the one guys racks the gun before aiming at the clerk.

I'll bet that Glock sounded like a shotgun!!

1. Turn, draw, splash two!!
2. Back outside, Draw, Call 911, Make sure to tell them I'm the one outside!
3. Draw, Remain Concealed, call 911.
4. Clerk never gets shot, as I would reveal my location, "I gave a gun, Don't Move, Place your weapon on the counter, On your knees, Hands behind your head, I don't want to kill you and you don't want to be dead!"

Yea....I know the last part is from a Lethal Weapon Movie.....But...I love the line!!

A; Same as 3.

+2.

1. If you're the clerk, you try to DEFUSE the situation first. The merchandise and money isn't worth risking your life for, that's why the store has insurance. I'd say start off with "HEY!" if the gun isn't obvious up front to see if that alone scares them off - but as soon as the gun becomes obvious, you acquiesce immediately if they seem like the gun is purely for show. Obviously, if they seem intent on using the gun, then the instant you get the opportunity, you draw to protect yourself.

2. Yup, you don't draw and be Rambo. For all you know at first glance, it could be an off-duty or plainclothes police officer you see with a weapon - having already stopped the criminal activity. (Or another armed civilian - see what almost happened immediately after the Gabby Giffords shooting.) In this case, the crooks do seem obviously "crook" in nature ('medical' gloves? covered up faces, etc.) But you never know.

3. Yup. Don't confront. In this case, they put the clerk in the office quickly. It's unclear how loud they were, but if they didn't yell, you might not even notice anything was wrong until after the clerk was 'safe' in the office.

4. Only difference would be that if they don't shoot the clerk, you hold fire until CONFIRMED that they are ready to shoot you, whereas if they shoot the clerk, that's enough confirmation to me that if they notice me, they'll shoot. Therefore, if they notice, I would fire first. (But in most such 'robberies turned shooting', the robbers flee IMMEDIATELY, so they probably wouldn't notice.)

ORS gives me the right to use deadly force, it doesn't require me to. I have only trained for circumstances involving a direct threat to me...anything else is up to those who are trained for it. So my answer is simple, CY( in this case, mine )A. I would prefer to be a living good witness than a statistic.

A Plaid Pantry I used to frequent in my single days was robbed regularly, mostly minors walking out with cases of beer. Literally, walking out... The old man behind the counter didn't do jack.

I had some tense moments there too, with hostile young men in the parking lot. Unprovoked at that. Yet one more reason I'm glad I quit smoking. No more late night trips to convenience stores.

If I was a clerk on a job like this I would already be wearing some kind of concealed body armor, plus a pistol (and/or rifle caliber "pistol" if possible). How do I know that the two guys don't have buddies around the corner as a look out?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top