JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A DEADLY plague could sweep across Europe, doctors fear, after an outbreak of a virus in Ukraine plunged the country and its neighbours into a state of panic. A cocktail of three flu viruses are reported to have mutated into a single pneumonic plague, which it is believed may be far more dangerous than swine flu. The death toll has reached 189 and more than 1 million people have been infected, most of them in the nine regions of Western Ukraine.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2387474/posts

___________________________________--

Did you get the right flu shot?:D

jj

:s0001: I have heard of this, that flu shot may or may not help you if this virus mutates around some more by the time it gets here.
here is link to " A very well-explained talk by Terese Forcades - doctor in Public Health, and Benedictine nun - who reflects on the history, and gives scientific data, of "A" type flu, explains swine flu, and lists... "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ySNSQTR-Q&feature=related

Maybe we could all start walking around in clear plastic balls, like being in our own little world, but then someone would bump into someone and then it would be like pool balls scattering all over, BREAK. :)

Here's a great comment to the article at the Daily Express:

"Wow! 189 deaths from 1 million+ cases! That's a death rate of almost 0.02% - almost as bad as toe fungus. Of 46 million Ukranians, only 4 in a million (0.41 per 100,000) have died. That ranks it about 55th on the annual mortality rate charts, just above tet****."

Regardless of the death rate, over a million infected with an unidentified virus and nary a mention of it here in our "free" press.
Granted, it has killed a very small percentage of those infected, as H1N1. I dont beleive this is a reason to get the flu shot, IMHO.

No, I saw the numbers. I just don't think communicability is that big of a concern for something with such a low mortality rate. Granted, I'd prefer it had NO mortality, but we've dealt with far worse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top