JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a place to shoot outdoors. I have read quite a few threads and many replies of other folks also wanting to know, but I haven't seen any replies of actual locations. Someone suggested getting a map at a rangers office - which seemed like a great idea until I realized that no matter how you search for "ranger stations" in Oregon on the internet, you can't get an actual list of those either. Is this purposefully difficult, or am I just missing the obvious? Please help with real answers, I really want to get out and practice.

Near Tualatin is going to limit you quite a bit as most of the land where you can shoot near the city of Tualatin is going to be private and you will need to know the owner.

Otherwise there is the Tri-County gun club:

http://www.tcgc.org/

I've been there a couple of times as a guest of my kids and it is a nice place.

Beyond that (gun clubs or private land where you know the owner), you would need to pretty much expand the scope of your search to include lands where there is public land you can shoot on, or private land owned by timber corps that don't care if you travel or shoot on their land (this latter is getting increasingly rare).

This will usually involve going up into the Cascades (or beyond into eastern Oregon) or out to the coastal range - neither of which are "near" to Tualatin.

As the population increases with the related abuse of private lands, and shooting sports become less popular, places to shoot, or ride dirt bikes/ATVs or 4 wheel, are becoming harder to find and you have to go farther away from population centers.

I recommend putting your name on the waiting list for a gun club that is convenient to you. Or you could actually buy some property you can shoot on. Otherwise, you are going to be traveling some distance - if you are willing to do that, then there is still land open, but I haven't been to those lands in decades as I just moved back here from Seattle a couple of years ago and I don't shoot much anymore, so I can't give you good specific advice on where those lands would be.

Threat Dynamics, between tualatin and sherwood Its indoors, but a place to go just the same. Great guys.
Thanks!! Yes -- I've done the simulated ranges at Threat Dynamics and they are AWESOME! Also used their indoor range.

Near Tualatin is going to limit you quite a bit as most of the land where you can shoot near the city of Tualatin is going to be private and you will need to know the owner.

Beyond that (gun clubs or private land where you know the owner), you would need to pretty much expand the scope of your search to include lands where there is public land you can shoot on, or private land owned by timber corps that don't care if you travel or shoot on their land (this latter is getting increasingly rare).

This will usually involve going up into the Cascades (or beyond into eastern Oregon) or out to the coastal range - neither of which are "near" to Tualatin.

As the population increases with the related abuse of private lands, and shooting sports become less popular, places to shoot, or ride dirt bikes/ATVs or 4 wheel, are becoming harder to find and you have to go farther away from population centers.

I recommend putting your name on the waiting list for a gun club that is convenient to you. Or you could actually buy some property you can shoot on. Otherwise, you are going to be traveling some distance - if you are willing to do that, then there is still land open, but I haven't been to those lands in decades as I just moved back here from Seattle a couple of years ago and I don't shoot much anymore, so I can't give you good specific advice on where those lands would be.

THANKS!! I'll look into these.

I'm looking for a place to shoot outdoors. I have read quite a few threads and many replies of other folks also wanting to know, but I haven't seen any replies of actual locations. Someone suggested getting a map at a rangers office - which seemed like a great idea until I realized that no matter how you search for "ranger stations" in Oregon on the internet, you can't get an actual list of those either. Is this purposefully difficult, or am I just missing the obvious? Please help with real answers, I really want to get out and practice.

State St., 3 mi. east of Salem is a site called 4 Corners Rod and Gun Club. They have an Archery range, a long range (200 yds.), a short range, and an indoor range. Google it. Now is a good time to join due to their fiscal bookkeeping.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top