JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of my favorite places to go camping is Cape Lookout near Tillamook. Any good places to go shooting around there? I'd rather not drive all the way back to Brown's Camp, looking for something closer.

When we were out there last summer I stopped in the sporting goods store and talked to them about shooting spots. If you head back out hwy 6 towards portland, about 4-5 miles out of tillamook you take a right at the road right before the first bridge to cross. Im sorry but I dont remember the name of the road, you could stop in the sporting goods store or call to get it :). It was a pretty narrow/gravel switch backy road but i only went up about 1 mile and popped off a couple boxes, you can see where the idiots shoot about 100 yards from hwy 6 and leave all their garbage.......obv go past that.

Im not sure if we stayed at cape lookout, or nehalem bay state park last summer but honestly I will never stay at another state park. The cramped camp sites, massive amount of people and $25 a night or whatever it was was a big turn off. We left that site after 1 night and I found a nice camp site about 4 miles north of pacific city on the "scenic route road". Its a tillamook county campsite called Whalen Island if I remember correctly, i imagine they have a website. Much smaller, more secluded and cheaper, all though a bit further from tillamook. All though we did get lucky as the best site (#6 i think) reservation was cancelled while i was standing there. Half of there sites are in kind of an open field, the other half are good. FYI if you head down there DO NOT take the scenic route road from tillmook all the way down, that road is terrible and in much need of repairs, take 101 south instead. I open carried the entire time we were there, and everyone was nothing but friendly unlike the state park.

I found a nice camp site about 4 miles north of pacific city on the "scenic route road". Its a tillamook county campsite called Whalen Island if I remember correctly, i imagine they have a website. Much smaller, more secluded and cheaper, all though a bit further from tillamook.

I have never stayed there, sounds nice. I like to set up my portable ham radio rig and enjoy some privacy, so this might be ideal. What are there facilities like? Flush toilets etc?

Found the link for it. <broken link removed> and we did stay in site 6 which was the most secluded (which was nice cause it was a birthday trip for my wife with no kids for 3 days :)) Yes they are flushable, but standard dirty camp site toilets, no showers........thats pretty much it, but your very close to everything including pacific city. 6,7,8,11 were all pretty good sites, its cool cause on the map there to the left where the ocean is that water comes down during low tide and you can walk all the way out, spose if you timed it right and new what you were doing you could walk all the way to the ocean but idk about that. Lots of trails back in the trees for hiking, and lots of people clamming around the bridge area, ton of crab there to. We went to the bridge at night with flashlights and had a blast. Anyways dont take my word for it, everyones idea of fun is different. I say get what you know and check it out while your there for next time. I believe the good sites get reserved by regulars there way way in advance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top