JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

I'd like to take a friend out this weekend to shoot (pistols) and am looking for a range recommendation for the greater Salem area (up to Woodburn, down to Monmouth. ect).

We've been to Tritac before but was wondering what else is out there.

Thank you!

I used to go out Wagner Rd near Stayton but found out recently it's been shut down to shooting. You will get a trespass with a firearm charge-not good. I ended up joining a gun club out State St, not ideal but at least it's close. I've got plans this weekend or else I'd invite you out there as a guest. The only other place I know of is up Crooked Finger Rd out of Scott's Mills (about an hour drive). I'm not sure if that's changed as well. Good luck!

Won't help you for this weekend, but look into ARPC (Albany Rifle and Pistol) in Shed Oregon. Just South of Albany.

A pretty darned nice range to be a member of. Very good hours, open 365, relaxed as far as what you can shoot, and how you shoot it, provided done so safely.

200yards for rifle, plus ? 12 pistol/mixed use bays. Several of which have coin operated lighting (or you can set up your own portable lighting).

Shotgun paddock as well.

Was around 45min drive when we lived in N Salem near Keizer.

ARPC - Home

Looks like the new member orientation this Saturday is full, but looks as the next ones on 6/8 & 6/18 still have openings.

Last Edited:
Gooseneck Rd off HW 22 west of Salem. Takes me 20min from West Salem. image002.jpg

If you go out please remember to pick up after yourselves. I take a special pride to pick up and take out more than I bring when ever I am at Gooseneck.

Great couple of little spots but it gets busy during the weekend. Also be careful, crazies in the woods ya know

If you go out please remember to pick up after yourselves. I take a special pride to pick up and take out more than I bring when ever I am at Gooseneck.

Great couple of little spots but it gets busy during the weekend. Also be careful, crazies in the woods ya know

Always a good reminder. I keep trash bags in my truck and always pick up extra rubbish when I go to the woods.

Can anyone shoot there without a problem

There are some good, public, places to shoot down off Gooseneck... also plenty of unsafe places that people still shoot. So be aware when you go out to make sure you're not down range of some unsafe chucklehead.

There's also always trash so I haul out a bag each time I'm out that way.

Most importantly: Be safe and have fun.

Just know whats behind where your shooting, there houses down there. don't shoot over the edge, only shoot into a berm [common sense].

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top