Landhawk Arms
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Oregon Rifleworks
Gun Deals
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Low Price Guns
J&B Firearm Sales
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Places to Shoot Near Salem, OR

UnionMillsNW

Reactions
Hey Folks,

I'd like to take a friend out this weekend to shoot (pistols) and am looking for a range recommendation for the greater Salem area (up to Woodburn, down to Monmouth. ect).

We've been to Tritac before but was wondering what else is out there.

Thank you!

kmk1012

Reactions
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
I used to go out Wagner Rd near Stayton but found out recently it’s been shut down to shooting. You will get a trespass with a firearm charge-not good. I ended up joining a gun club out State St, not ideal but at least it’s close. I’ve got plans this weekend or else I’d invite you out there as a guest. The only other place I know of is up Crooked Finger Rd out of Scott’s Mills (about an hour drive). I’m not sure if that’s changed as well. Good luck!

OP
UnionMillsNW

UnionMillsNW

Reactions
I know this thread was moved to outdoor shooting areas but I'm also looking for indoor ranges.

Thanks again!

Camelfilter

Reactions
  • Law Around Here
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Woke Up Like This
Won’t help you for this weekend, but look into ARPC (Albany Rifle and Pistol) in Shed Oregon. Just South of Albany.

A pretty darned nice range to be a member of. Very good hours, open 365, relaxed as far as what you can shoot, and how you shoot it, provided done so safely.

200yards for rifle, plus ? 12 pistol/mixed use bays. Several of which have coin operated lighting (or you can set up your own portable lighting).

Shotgun paddock as well.

Was around 45min drive when we lived in N Salem near Keizer.

ARPC - Home

Looks like the new member orientation this Saturday is full, but looks as the next ones on 6/8 & 6/18 still have openings.

Last edited:
OP
UnionMillsNW

UnionMillsNW

Reactions
If you go out please remember to pick up after yourselves. I take a special pride to pick up and take out more than I bring when ever I am at Gooseneck.

Great couple of little spots but it gets busy during the weekend. Also be careful, crazies in the woods ya know
Always a good reminder. I keep trash bags in my truck and always pick up extra rubbish when I go to the woods.

OP
UnionMillsNW

UnionMillsNW

Reactions
Can anyone shoot there without a problem
There are some good, public, places to shoot down off Gooseneck... also plenty of unsafe places that people still shoot. So be aware when you go out to make sure you're not down range of some unsafe chucklehead.

There's also always trash so I haul out a bag each time I'm out that way.

Most importantly: Be safe and have fun.

Reactions
Just know whats behind where your shooting, there houses down there. don't shoot over the edge, only shoot into a berm [common sense].

UPCOMING EVENTS

Speed Steel @ Tri-County
Tri-County Gun Club
13050 SW Tonquin Rd, Sherwood, OR 97140, USA
IDPA @ Tri-County
Tri-County Gun Club
13050 SW Tonquin Rd, Sherwood, OR 97140, USA
Casade Mountain Man Show...
Casade Mountain Man Show
The Evergreen State Fairgrounds, 14405 179th Ave SE, Monroe, WA 98272, USA
NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Bought two guns from Curts over the past 5yrs and quite a few accessories. They have more of the really nice high-end products. I live on the...
    • Helocat
  • Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    Great place good people, transfer fee is a joke.
    • FireArm
  • Northwest Armory - Milwaukie
    3.00 star(s)
    I used to go in often, even when the store is empty its hard to get someone to help, they say just a sec and never come back to you, or are having...
    • FireArm
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop and decent selection, good for a hunting rifle or Glock , hit or miss on just about everything else.
    • FireArm
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place, people and service.
    • FireArm

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS