JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found a post on here a while back that showed a place east of Silvercreek Falls. I tried to get up there back in early spring, but ther was too much snow on the ground. Have been too busy this summer to find it since then. If you look through some of the old post you might have better luck than I did.

Here's my secret shooting place over just outside of monmouth.

I'm willing to share it with people, have never had the cops come out there... Ever. It's out at this Mormon farm.

But whenever the gate is locked out at fall city, I just hike up there for a few. Kind of a PITA but its worth it.

I'm willing to share it with people, have never had the cops come out there... Ever. It's out at this Mormon farm.

But whenever the gate is locked out at fall city, I just hike up there for a few. Kind of a PITA but its worth it.

You don't happen to have a google map location of gps lat and log do ya?

You don't happen to have a google map location of gps lat and log do ya?

44.831886,-123.354903

See that dirt road that comes in from monmouth hwy? Turn onto that dirt road and just follow it back. Dont try taking a lowered honda back there it wont work. any pickup truck should make it. My Subaru STI makes it no problems. Once you get to the 'grassy' area. Follow the road to the right and you will see the tables to set your stuff out like in my photo.

44.831886,-123.354903

See that dirt road that comes in from monmouth hwy? Turn onto that dirt road and just follow it back. Dont try taking a lowered honda back there it wont work. any pickup truck should make it. My Subaru STI makes it no problems. Once you get to the 'grassy' area. Follow the road to the right and you will see the tables to set your stuff out like in my photo.

Is this private property that one would need to get permission to use? Sounds like a great place, thanks for sharing! :s0155:

Is this private property that one would need to get permission to use? Sounds like a great place, thanks for sharing! :s0155:

It is private property.

I have never spoken with anybody about shooting there. I had a few friends who told me thats where they went and shot and took me one time.

That was about a year and a half ago. I have been going and shooting there at least a couple times a month since then. Not a single problem yet.

Silver Falls is a bust as far as I know.
So are most of the logging roads above Mehema.

Heard gates area had some open areas. And the place outside of Silverton/ScottsMills is open.

revive this one.
Gates area is pretty much inaccessible right now. We moved some boulders about a month or so ago & barely made it around them in the mud in 4lo. Yesterday, the same route was waaay to soft. The tracks made by vehicles has been collecting water & its now like quicksand. I cut a bunch of drainage lines & hopefully it may be passable again.
Anyone have a winch setup? We could move the boulders the rest of the way out of the road & make it by no prob.
To the guy that goes out to the Mormon camp--any issues there lately? That looks like a better option than Gates-much closer.

Goose Neck Rd off of 22 going towards the coast from Salem. Its just after mill creek rd. On your left... Take it a few miles until you see the gravel Rd fork left off of the paved road, its on a tight right hand turn so look out for it. That rd goes miles and miles up into the woods. I shoot there about 5-10 times a month. Its the Closest place to Salem that I know of that is lagit. There is alot of Target areas up there and some 4 wheeler trails too. The bottom of the hill is private property and marked, the rest isn't

View attachment 190209

i checked it out on google maps. looks like a dangerous place to shoot to me... kind of close to farms for a centerfire rifle. definately private land too...I would consider yourself lucky

Goose Neck Rd off of 22 going towards the coast from Salem. Its just after mill creek rd. On your left... Take it a few miles until you see the gravel Rd fork left off of the paved road, its on a tight right hand turn so look out for it. That rd goes miles and miles up into the woods. I shoot there about 5-10 times a month. Its the Closest place to Salem that I know of that is lagit. There is alot of Target areas up there and some 4 wheeler trails too. The bottom of the hill is private property and marked, the rest isn't

44.995731,-123.492368 is the exact place I shoot and there are couple other pits around that area. you'll see them littered w/ ammo boxes and clays usually. Pickup what you can and ofcourse pick up your own...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top