JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if there is anybody here who knows good places to shoot around Mt. Hood/ Welches area? Are you allowed to go shooting in Mt Hood National FOrest? Are there any gravel pits or decent areas to shoot around there? I know there is the Douglas Ridge range, but its a bit south towards Gresham and I'd rather not shoot at that club. Maybe, I don't like the atmosphere of giant power lines near me or I feel to closed in there. Anyhow, I am just wondering were people who live out in Sandy or even farther in ZigZag/Rhododendron do most of their shooting?

From the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like there is many places to shoot around Mount Hood or Sandy area. I was told there was some place around Estacada, but a few people told me it's a bit sketchy and is frequented by some unsavory types.

There's a lot of places in the woods frequented by unsavory types and idiots. I go around Estacada a number of times a year and haven't met any people that would keep me from going back. I've met a number of good people too.

you can go to miller road / salmon river rock quarry.

It used to be really popular to shoot at years ago. it has been gated off and you have to walk a little ways to shoot now. It is just before the RV village off 26. there is usually some cars pulled off in front of the gate to go fishing down on the river. go all the way down to the rock quarry to shoot though. there is no shooting on the road.

Have you ever thought of becoming a member of Douglas Ridge Rifle Club? They are open for membership. For rifle you can shoot anywhere from 25 Yds to 1000 Yds. There is one day a week that is set aside for shooting from 300 to 1000 yds ( Thursdays) the rest of the week is at the 100/200 Yd. line. They do have shooting matches at times and the range will be closed to most shooting during the matches. All you do is get online and check the calender for all the info on what is going on on the range.

Well worth the $$$$$ to have a good place to shoot.

DAB

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads