JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know of places to shoot out to 1000 yards in Oregon? I heard there is a private range in Central Oregon but I'm looking for something like BLM land or similar. Possibly hilltop to hilltop or hill top down to a valley.

I was told Douglas Ridge shooting range had a 1000 yard range that was open on certain days but I have never shot there.

I'd be interested to hear some responses on the matter too though - I have a .300 win mag that needs to stretch it's legs.

Take a look ...for yourself .... at Douglas ridge

it is a very nice club ... Please don't go on a diatribe about costs ... Most things are relevant
and the cost is nothing compared to value, It is organized, neat, clean go to their web site.
they are "soliciting" new members now. dig around you will find costs.

Best money I ever spend on myself for the year. Every single person I meet has something to share. and a long ways from the snobbery I have experienced at other ranges in the Southwest

Thanks guys. I was looking for places that weren't at a GC. I am a member at TCGC and shoot 600 there but I was looking for more flexibility on distances. Partially, to also practice ranging at unknown distances.

Thanks guys. I was looking for places that weren't at a GC. I am a member at TCGC and shoot 600 there but I was looking for more flexibility on distances. Partially, to also practice ranging at unknown distances.

I know there are places, as I've seen pictures. Most of what I've seen appears to be in the coast range, but the majority of people who have found a 1000 yard spot keep it to themselves. After seeing places get trashed and hearing stories of irresponsible people I understand why. If you're really wanting to find one, some time on Google earth, some good National Forest maps, a 4x4 and some time driving may find you your own slice of heaven. Good luck

Thanks DieselScout. My thoughts exactly about the Coastal Range being a good place. I have tried looking at Google Maps but it's so hard to tell where roads are and which ones are accessible.

I'd gladly give a couple boxes of Federal Gold Medal Matchking ammo to anyone that would PM me their secret place...

SLO - I might know a place - don't care to post it up as I have seen too many places ruined in the past. oh - it's not in OR though- about a half hour north of PDX down some old logging roads. - oh make sure you have a good spare tire and a jack just in case - I think every one I know that shoots up there has lost a tire in the last year from shale punctures.

Hey Swedish K,

Any chance you'd PM the location of your place? I probably know the general area your talking about but not the specific location.

I'll agree on the spare tire thing and you may even want to bring 2 spares or plugs/compressor. One of the last times I went out I got 2 flat tires at the same time on the shale as much as I can figure. I was about 15 miles from the nearest campground. It really sucked. I changes one tire then had to drive out. we were on the rim by the time we reached a civilization. Tire and rim were shredded .
Galen

SLO - I might know a place - don't care to post it up as I have seen too many places ruined in the past. oh - it's not in OR though- about a half hour north of PDX down some old logging roads. - oh make sure you have a good spare tire and a jack just in case - I think every one I know that shoots up there has lost a tire in the last year from shale punctures.

In Central Oregon there are actually a number of places, both established ranges and open ground.
Early morning is usually best for good wind conditions, and as long as you are aware of wildlife and livestock, you're good to go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top