JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everybody. I am new to this site and I am getting into long distance shooting. I live near Seattle washington and I was wondering if anyone knows a place where I can legally shoot out to a mile or even farther.

I have a .50 BMG that I want to stretch its legs.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can go. The closer to seattle the better.

The desert is the only place that jumps out at me. I go out there for 1000+ yard shooting in the summer all the time. Ive only made a handfull of shots that far on coyotes but i firgure thats pretty damn good but 2500+ thats just crazy. if i had the money i would have a 50bmg too but its hard enough spending 2000+ on a ar15 setup let allone 5000+ for a 50bmg setup. Good luck finding a place close if you do let me know!!!!I'll join you so some long rnage pratice.

Im sure if you have a good rifle, optics and ammo all it will take is ALOT of pratice. You just got to get out there and work your way up to a mile. If you have a birtbike or atv it will help alot with going back and forth from your targets. The more walking and running you do will take from your accuacy by breathing hard.

Just dont shoot steel plates at under 500 yards, if you watch youtube one guy is using a 50 and hits the steel but the bullet comes right back bounces 10 feet in front of him then knocks his muff right off his head. Another inch to the left and it wouold have been game over.

As long as they dont have sage brush suits on it would be a little hard in the desert to not to see someone or a dust cloud from thier car. Also stake a flag infront of your target for a wind indacator to help with judgeing wind.

Now you got me all worked up and my trigger finger is ichy, guess i have to go to the woods today NOW. Good luck and post some updates on your shooting.

in order to shoot a full mile, you would need a secured range. at that range, on a sunny day, the mirage effect would hide a fully grown adult. shooting at that range on open public land could be dangerous.
i know of a couple 1000yd ranges here in oregon, but you need to have an in to join the private club. a friend from work who lives in vancouver has told me there is a rifle range in clark county. i have no idea what their ranges consist of but it might be a place to start. good luck.

Well you could go the that route and pay to use a range? But if blaze your own trail in the desert and properly secure were your going to shoot there will be no problem. Theres not very many people that just start walking across the desert and you can see dust clouds for cars more then a mile away. In all my time in the desert i have never seen another vehicle most stay to roads and dont just make their own roads. Take a map and a gps so you can make sure their isn't a road for more then 10 miles then blaze away.

but then again i dont believe in paying to use a range when they dont supply the ammo, and the last time i was at a range you had to buy their way over priced ammo and couldn't bring in your own. Plus when you get your 50 sighted in you can then proceed to call some yotes. Im going out there in another 2 weeks when i can take some time off from work so if you would like i could PM you before i go if ya wanted to tag along.

Don't know of any outdoor places to shoot that far.

The only two ranges I am aware of that can stretch 1000 yards is:

TCSA (Tri Cities Shooting Association) http://www.tcsa.info/tcsa.htm

------------------
Cascade Rifle and Pistol in Ravensdale has a 600 yard range. http://www.cascaderifleandpistol.org/

Fort Lewis - used to but it's now 300 yards. I heard they're allowing non military folks but you'll have to confirm that yourself. You do have to register and do all the stuff to shoot on Federal land. http://www.fortlewismwr.com/skeetnpistol.htm

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top