JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We kept within a hundred yards of the shoreline today within the no wake zone and after reading No Regerts' post I'm glad we did. There were quite a few speedboats towing inflatables out in the deeper waters. I am also curious how well my canoe would do on top of my SUV bouncing up Mowich Lake Road to paddle up there.

View attachment 588775 View attachment 588774 Thanks everyone, I will be visiting Baker Lake later this month. I bought a fiberglass canoe that needed a new coat of paint and new caning in the seats. It was a steal. Now the marine fiberglass bottom paint is finished and just waiting on me to find new caning.

In the meantime we visited the JBLM side of American Lake today and rented the sit on top kayaks. We had clear views of Mt. Rainier, bald eagles fishing very close to us, and my son was delighted with his rock bass catch.
We call that a crappie! ;)

Seems like an awesome day out there! I'm glad you found a place to enjoy the water and some quality time with family!

We kept within a hundred yards of the shoreline today within the no wake zone and after reading No Regerts' post I'm glad we did. There were quite a few speedboats towing inflatables out in the deeper waters. I am also curious how well my canoe would do on top of my SUV bouncing up Mowich Lake Road to paddle up there.
Drive slow and you'll be alright! Only way to know is to try!
These are your friends!

2B4F7835-A320-4B4C-B947-AFDE3BFA601C.jpeg

Must about any Lake with some type of boat launch will work. ENJOY!!!:):):)
On one occasion as a teenager my dad and I decided the slope into the water wasn't too steep to slide the canoe into the water. We both sat in the canoe and scooted our butts forward against the seats to jolt us down the mud into the lake. After fishing for awhile and returning to shore we realized that we underestimated how difficult it would be to get the canoe back up to the road. We didn't use that put in spot again. : )

On one occasion as a teenager my dad and I decided the slope into the water wasn't too steep to slide the canoe into the water. We both sat in the canoe and scooted our butts forward against the seats to jolt us down the mud into the lake. After fishing for awhile and returning to shore we realized that we underestimated how difficult it would be to get the canoe back up to the road. We didn't use that put in spot again. : )
NOT ALL Lakes are Equally well designed for Canoes and taking Short Cuts with any Boat can come back and Bite You if you get my drift.:):):)

The further from Town the nicer you might find the Lake; at least, that's what I've found. Good Luck!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top