JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know of any open areas near Newport? I am going to be around Beverly Beach for a family get together, and we're hoping to set up a plinking area. No long range shooting, i.e. nothing greater than 200 yards. I know there's a gun club near Siletz, but that wont work for non-members/large groups. Plenty of woods, but I'm hoping to avoid having to ride out there to scout multiple areas.
Thanks!

It's been 15 years or more since I lived there, but there's logging road access at the end of Beverly Beach Drive and another logging road leading to an extensive road system in Moolack Beach with a gravel pit up the hill to the south. There's also a logging road access on the north side of Cape Foulweather at Rocky Creek. All of them have gates, don't know if they're locked nowadays or not. Good luck!

You'll just have to pick a logging road and go for it. Lot's of land is closed, No motor vehicle or travel management area these days. What is open will be infested with deer hunters, Keep your eye out for them and don't be too shocked if you have a confrontation or two out plinking during season, Law might give you some static if your up there with a "high powered" rifle and no tag for the season also.

Not trying to talk you out of going just giving you some food for thought.

You'll just have to pick a logging road and go for it. Lot's of land is closed, No motor vehicle or travel management area these days. What is open will be infested with deer hunters, Keep your eye out for them and don't be too shocked if you have a confrontation or two out plinking during season, Law might give you some static if your up there with a "high powered" rifle and no tag for the season also.

Not trying to talk you out of going just giving you some food for thought.

Thanks for the info. I won't be out there until July. I'm not a hunter yet, so pardon my ignance, but there should be no hunting at that time of year right? We'll be out there with handguns, .22lr rifles, and a few ARs shooting out no farther than 200 yards.
I guess I'll be heading out that way over a few weekends to scout an area after deer season.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top