JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, just moved from va, I need a good place to rifle, preferably 100-200 yards(or more!). I'm a disabled vet with a prosthetic leg so long up hill hikes with equipment can be a challenge(short hikes ok). Can someone please pm me any good spots? I'm a safe responsible shooter, and I'll keep it to myself. I'd be eternally grateful! Thanks! I'd like to stay legal, and not be crowded by morons.

Welcome!
I'm a fellow Virginia boy, although by birth only.
Thank you for your service!

If you can make friends with someone who has a membership to clark rifles it would be your best bet. They have a 100-200-300yd range, but it's almost impossible at this point to get a membership.

There's a lot of places to shoot with in a small drive from vancouver, but then again your hiking targets out a ways.

Mark August 12th on your calendar. Meet up with a bunch of other guys & gals to clean up shooting areas in the Yacolt Burn State Forest. I was tottering around last year before knee replacement surgery. The camaraderie is great, and so is the food. Even if you can't get down, or bend over, you can still help dumping buckets of junk into plastic garbage bags and maybe Cogsley will let you grill the hotdogs and hamburgers.

Get acquainted, and find out about the State Forest and shooting opportunities. See Cog's thread ...
Win A Buck Mark 22 at this CLEANUP EVENT!

I'm a new member at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - i like it, (and they have long range Thursdays where you can get on the 1000 yd range) its about a 30 min drive with no traffic from the border down. then there is Tri county gun club. looks great, but further out ... (I'm on a wait list, but now that I'm a DRRC member.....)
then there is the English Pit in Vancouver.... its open to public, about 20 bux for a day - but its usually kinda busy - (i don't really like the long rifle benches there..) but it fills a need of being close (they have a 50 / and 100 yrs rifle range, and some pistol ranges)

I'm a new member at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - i like it, (and they have long range Thursdays where you can get on the 1000 yd range) its about a 30 min drive with no traffic from the border down. then there is Tri county gun club. looks great, but further out ... (I'm on a wait list, but now that I'm a DRRC member.....)
then there is the English Pit in Vancouver.... its open to public, about 20 bux for a day - but its usually kinda busy - (i don't really like the long rifle benches there..) but it fills a need of being close (they have a 50 / and 100 yrs rifle range, and some pistol ranges)

The OP probably doesn't want to try and navigate the very steep hill to access the Fire lanes.

Hell that hill is tough without any physical obsticals.

The OP probably doesn't want to try and navigate the very steep hill to access the Fire lanes.

yes, English Pit, has a hill that leads down form the parking area to the lanes, its fairly steep, i forgot to mention good catch. (its not very long, but it always made me feel out of shape) (i am out of shape)

Welcome to the forum!! Thank you for your service to this great country. :)

I am with @Dungannon the 12th clean and shoot would be a great one to meet new people that are like minded and you get to do a little shooting with new friends. I am planning on attending as well.

Wow, good call and good reading comprehension, Joe! I was just about to second English Pit, but that place is a challenge for me and I don't any any physical challenges but a growing gut...

The fact is that this metro area is really short on good gun ranges! To get a variety of things done (zero-ing rifles, long-range, shotgun, pistol shooting fast or with movement, etc.), you have to go to different places. It is a little annoying!!

Popularity mostly! Due to lack of options there is something like a three to five year waiting list to become a member. :(

Ouch. I'm a ways away out in Gresham, but even so I was thinking about trying a year membership. Is it still ok for non-members to go out and shoot on a day pass, or are they just so full up you can't even get a lane?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top