JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know of places to shoot an air rifle around Portland where I'd be out of the rain?

Kid and their friend are off this week and I'd like to take them plinking with the airguns, but I don't want to be standing around with us and the guns in the rain.

Check with one of the indoor archery ranges. Arhcers Afield in Tigard (hwy 99 & Hall Blvd) has a pretty big indoor set up. Heck , why not introduce them to archery?

I too wouldn't mind finding an indoor range to shoot airguns.

Archery ranges sound quieter than a gun-range, but I've not been to a range yet that had more than 25-yards (indoors).

I've still yet to find an ideal place to shoot OUTDOORS without driving an hour to a pit somewhere.

I'm amazed that you can all still go out, seeing as the latest OPB broadcast has already effectively noted the shut-down of another five counties, including Multnomah [population 812,855 in 2019] and Malheur [population 30000 or so humans and lots of critters.....].

Both the people who live in Harney County haven't spoken to each other in years, so they are probably just fine.

But nobody really knows.

Might try here.

Might try here.

Are there just no "long-range"? Something for rifles perhaps. 50-yards at least. Or is that asking too much for indoor shooting?

only 50-feet tho', :( (that's pistol distance)

The general range at Tricounty has 50 and 100 yard shooting, plus you'll be covered. The targets are in the rain but you'll be dry:) .

Frank, I've read a lot of your posts and they've been helpful and I'd like to thank you for sharing your experience. I have 2 old Daisy springers that will take out a squirrel at 20 feet but not very accurate past that and I'd like to get a single excellent new air rifle. The amount of options are extensive and confusing. I don't want to rely on a co2 tank, and think I've narrowed it down to an underbarrel cocker style. But I don't know which one yet but know that I want something very quiet.

Accurate and quiet.

The general range at Tricounty has 50 and 100 yard shooting, plus you'll be covered. The targets are in the rain but you'll be dry:) .

Frank, I've read a lot of your posts and they've been helpful and I'd like to thank you for sharing your experience. I have 2 old Daisy springers that will take out a squirrel at 20 feet but not very accurate past that and I'd like to get a single excellent new air rifle. The amount of options are extensive and confusing. I don't want to rely on a co2 tank, and think I've narrowed it down to an underbarrel cocker style. But I don't know which one yet but know that I want something very quiet.

Accurate and quiet.

Thanks for the tricounty tip! I've been there a couple times, but only used the indoor stuff. Sherwood isn't too bad a drive from Hillsboro.

About your airgun considerations.
Me, I like not relying on extra gear. Just like a "real" gun, grab the gun, the ammo, and go.

Weihrauch makes great underlevers. The "97" or "97K" is my wish-list.

Some of the Chinese versions (like "Flying Dragon") are well-made. I have one of those here you're welcome to try. It's VERY quiet compared to other springers.

That's about the extent of my under-lever experience. Easiest break-barrel to cock I've owned has been the gamo "Silent Cat".

Hope that helps some! Come on by and try a couple out if ya like. Might even could sell ya something you fall in love with. Gets me a couple steps toward that HW97/K. :)

f

Ya know.... there's enough of us just in this thread... and rather close to each other.. pdx, hillsboro, vancouver, aloha...

Perhaps we should have an airgun party?

I mean, heck, I'm not typically within six feet of an active shooter (eww, maybe bad choice of words there), so social-distancing shouldn't be a problem. Especially if outdoors.

Bring your own gun or two or 20 if ya feel the inspiration. :s0019:

What a great opportunity not just to put some faces to avatars, but a chance to try out a bunch of guns without having to buy them first. :)

Some snacks, drinks, guns-n-ammo, and a bit of real-estate to make it happen. :s0059:

So, yay or nay fellow shooters... Think we should set up something informal to play pew pew pew? :s0010:

I'm late to this thread, but yeah, I'd be up for an outdoor shoot-n-meet. Problem is where to hold it.
I've contemplated trying to grab lane 3 at wolf creek for a locale and just invite people to drop by, but I just barely have enough time to sleep right now, much less organize anything.

A zoom meetup.. that's much more doable. Not as much shootin fun, but maybe more appropriate for the times. Just need to pick a time and a day for something like that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top