Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Place to shoot in the Bend/Sunriver area

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Aillyia, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Aillyia

Aillyia Portland, OR New Member

Hi All,

Heading to Sunriver for a few days and hoping there's an open place to shoot out there. I made the family buy me ammo for Christmas and now they want to see what all the fuss is about when it comes to shooting. I'll have an 1894 .44, 20 guage and a .22 rifle. Thanks

gryghin likes this.
  2. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Central Oregon is surrounded by BLM land. Most, not all, of it is open to shooting unless posted. There is also the COSSA range 25 miles east of Bend. You can go online and check out the BLM locations....have fun.

3. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Uh, yes - make sure you have a safe backstop and do NOT hang targets on trees. Wee all Central Oregonians ar' kinda' sensitive about this' kinda stuff and dont' wantcha all city folk thinkin' ya'all kin gist come over heer and start shootin' at whutever ya' think needs shootin' at cuz weel gist run ya outta town!

4. Aillyia

Aillyia Portland, OR New Member

That's why I'm asking instead of driving out into the middle of what looks like nowhere and shooting. City doesn't imply stupid.

bcdon and (deleted member) like this.