JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone up to going out for pizza and telling some stories on the 4th or 5th.
In s.e portland. If so let me know and I can set something up at a place.
Kind of late notice. Maybe a diffrent date would be better.

Thanks

Maybe something around the 8th, 9th, or 10th? We could do Izzy's again or go somewhere else...

Just a suggestion......

In other groups I've been involved with, the head guy (that's you Joey) picks the time and place. Those that can attend, do. Those that can't, don't. You'll burn out your keyboard trying to pick a date, place and time that will work for everybody!

What it has also done, is brought out different people to each gathering.

Just a thought.
Frog.

+1 For Frog's suggestion. We should make this a monthly thing, i.e. first Tuesday (or whatever day). Should require RSVP no later than 1 week prior to event. If extra folks show up they take their chances about being seated with the main group, but will try to accommodate if the venue is flexible. We should spread it out, i.e. East Side, West Side, Portland core, etc. Folks around Seattle or other major metro areas might want to do their own thing.

The other option, during good weather would be a BBQ at a local park. I held an OpenCarry.org event in a park near my house last year and we had a great time.

Ya, the East Side/West Side idea is good, Cougfan2.

During the dinner hour, (4 - 7 ) can be a pain. Driving home from work in rush hour traffic, maybe taking a shower, getting re-dressed in clothes that don't smell, picking out the right gun to wear, and then fighting traffic to the other side of town IS a problem! :D

Frog.

Ya, the East Side/West Side idea is good, Cougfan2.

During the dinner hour, (4 - 7 ) can be a pain. Driving home from work in rush hour traffic, maybe taking a shower, getting re-dressed in clothes that don't smell, picking out the right gun to wear, and then fighting traffic to the other side of town IS a problem! :D

Frog.

:s0114:

So are revolvers the new black?

I'd like to maybe kick this off, but I have a question for you all. Given that many of us may be carrying concealed, or some may be open carrying:

1) Should we approach the venue beforehand to make sure they are firearms friendly?

2) Should we ask people to conceal carry only if they have a permit or not carry if it is a city that bans open carry for non CHL holders?

3) Should we just make a reservation for a group of "friends" and not say anything about NWFA?

4) Other opinions/suggestions?

I'm not trying to start any kind of debate here about open carry, concealed carry, or anything else. Just trying to see what the group thinks would make the most enjoyable get together for everyone without creating a hassle for us or the venue we choose.

I appreciate any and all constructive input.

If everyone that does carry does so concealed, then no one else is going to know so it won't matter to management at any establishment. I would not advertise it. If those attending plan on open carry, I would like to know in advance.

I'd like to maybe kick this off, but I have a question for you all. Given that many of us may be carrying concealed, or some may be open carrying:

1) Should we approach the venue beforehand to make sure they are firearms friendly?

2) Should we ask people to conceal carry only if they have a permit or not carry if it is a city that bans open carry for non CHL holders?

3) Should we just make a reservation for a group of "friends" and not say anything about NWFA?

4) Other opinions/suggestions?

I'm not trying to start any kind of debate here about open carry, concealed carry, or anything else. Just trying to see what the group thinks would make the most enjoyable get together for everyone without creating a hassle for us or the venue we choose.

I appreciate any and all constructive input.

Cougfan2,

I personally think that any get-together we have, is bound by the laws regarding firearms. Those with a CCL, who wish to carry, will; And no one will know about it.

I, and again this is a personal option, would not want to be making any 'open carry firearm statement' at a pizza joint. If an individual wants to open carry, then I think it's that persons responsibility to follow the law, and do whatever they feel is appropriate. If this means contacting the restaurant management beforehand to discuss it, great. If not, deal with the circumstances as a individual, and not as part of NWFA.

Further, I don't think that a pizza joint is the right venue to use to get into a legal discussion with a restaurant manager, staff or other patrons.

I suggest the group just eats, drinks and be merry! :D

Frog.

Frog Personally, I agree with you. Let's just get together and have a good time. If this were an Opencarry.org event, I might feel differently. Just wanted to get other's opinions.

As far as day of week, I personally would vote for a Friday or Saturday night, but that's just my preference. I could live with a weeknight meeting as well.

I'm not a big fan of Izzy's, but on the West side there's a Mexican restaurant called Lupe's Escape in Aloha on TV Hwy near the Aloha Intel Fab. Looks like a hole in the wall, but good Mex food and reasonably priced. They have a kind of back dining room that could accommodate a fair sized group

Frog Personally, I agree with you. Let's just get together and have a good time. If this were an Opencarry.org event, I might feel differently. Just wanted to get other's opinions.

As far as day of week, I personally would vote for a Friday or Saturday night, but that's just my preference. I could live with a weeknight meeting as well.

I'm not a big fan of Izzy's, but on the West side there's a Mexican restaurant called Lupe's Escape in Aloha on TV Hwy near the Aloha Intel Fab. Looks like a hole in the wall, but good Mex food and reasonably priced. They have a kind of back dining room that could accommodate a fair sized group

Right on, Cougfan2!
If NWFA wants to do a Open Carry Event, I'm there!

I've been to Lupes's. Great little place. Lets just do it! No Nike pun intended!

Frog.

I didnt want to strep onanyones toe's. Just was looking to go out and eat and tell stories with like minded people.
Maybe as was stated joe should set this up.
No harm no fowl.

I didnt want to strep onanyones toe's. Just was looking to go out and eat and tell stories with like minded people.
Maybe as was stated joe should set this up.
No harm no fowl.

Pick a time, pick a place (during the week is preferred for me...) and assuming more than one or two people say they will come then I will show!

Doesn't have to be a formal event... keep it simple!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top