JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey! Watch it! Ugly snorting dogs have value.

IMAG0231.jpg

yeah,this one looks pretty harmless....english bulldogs just like to hump your leg,they wont bite it.

I've shot two dogs since we lived at this place and I'd do it again. I'm a dog lover and we have two, but I'm not about to let me, my dogs, or my wife get chewed up by an out of control dog.

The only difference, and it's big, is that it wasn't a city park. One was on my property in the country where it's otherwise legal to shoot a gun, and one was on the rural county road nearby.

The one out on the road where we were walking was a Rotty. The one on our property was a Rotty mix.

Let me describe a stupid dog. It won't let me get down off my excavator on my own property. It want's to attack. Fine. I dig his grave, shoot him, use the bucket to slide him into the hole and then use the blade to fill the hole.

The one out on the road was circling me and my wife and I know dog body language and this was bad. It wouldn't leave, we have a leash law and I'm afraid for my wife. The next thing you know I'm dragging a dead rotty into the bar ditch by the tail.

I have no patience for people who won't control their dogs. No comment on Rottweilers or Pit Bulls because I've seen bad and good. I don't know the answer there but I wouldn't have one.

I shouldn't laugh but being an excavator operator,I would have bucket slapped the dog instead of wasting a bullet.

And a out of control Rottweiler is way more dangerous than a pit.Pit come straight at you,the rots will think about what they're doing.

Now years ago I saw a gal in a REI with a Golden Retriever and a cattle prod in her hand.
I asked WTF?? She said a rot had come out of nowhere and attacked he golden.It wouldn't let loose
She bought the prod afterwards for the next dog who did this.It might zap both dogs but at least you can grab yours and hit the other one again.
But again ,this night not go over great in some cities,but the outcome will definitely be better than a shooting.
And more controllable than pepper spray

I shouldn't laugh but being an excavator operator,I would have bucket slapped the dog instead of wasting a bullet.

And a out of control Rottweiler is way more dangerous than a pit.Pit come straight at you,the rots will think about what they're doing.

If bucket slapping would have fixed it I sure would have, but the dog had been threatening regularly on other occasions which didn't involve the excavator. I wanted him gone for my wife's and our smaller dogs' sake.

My experience is limited, but you're right, the Rottweilers tended to circle ever closer (and I noted that I know dog body language) where pits tend to face head on.

If people are going to let dangerous dogs run on or around my property, they made their choice.

I'd like to tag this comment by saying that some of the sweetest dogs I've known have been Rotts and Pits, so I don't believe they are all bad by any stretch.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top