JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am organizing another pit clean up for the double Darrington shooting pit on 435th Ave on August 20th. It isn't in to bad of shape trash wise but could use a total clean up.

I organized the clean up at this pit two years ago and the clean up of the Suiattle River Road pits last year.
Both were huge successes.

I would like to personally thank all of the people who contributed financially to cover the coat and to all of the people who donated their time to make the clean ups possible.

I will be advertising cleaned range brass in the reloading section to help cover the cost of the dumping fee and to buy food & beverages.

I will post updates as they come in.

If six to eight people could show up for the clean up it should take about three hours to complete the clean up.
I will be contacting the DNR manager so he can close the pit down during the clean up.
Thank you Pat & Mason.

20210612_182639.jpg

Bummer, I can't make it on the 20th. But I'll help with promoting and some disposal cost.

Sounds like a couple pickup trucks are needed, and/or a utility trailer, for hauling out the trash.

@HighlandLofts could also use someone to cook some burgers & dogs!

Thanks for putting this together, Pat!

Bill
I really enjoy cleaning these pits up. Thank you for the resources to help out on these clean ups. I will be contacting the DNR tomorrow for closing the pit down and gaining access to the pit from 530.
I will be in contact with you as things all come together.

We went up to the pit today or six hours. Mason did a bunch of shooting and I pickedup a fair amount of brass, mostly 9mm & 223.
Money in the bank.
Pat

I contacted the District Manager of the DNR and we will have the gate by the substation open for the clean up.
We will have either a dump trailer of dump truck available to haul the trash away.
All combustible material we will pile up in the center of the pit to burn if there are no fire restrictions by August 20th.
I will contact the Darrington fire department to see if they would send up a small truck just in case something happens.
There will be food & beverages.
We still need a few more volunteers to make this a successful event.
The clean up will start at 8am and we have the pit closed down until noon.
We should have to done with in three hours.
I am selling brass in the reloading section to help out on the dump fees if any one could use any.

If you can attend please contact me on this thread of send a PM.
thank you, Pat

I had some flyers made up for the clean up and took some out yesterday and hung them up at the stores & Pawn shop up in Darrington.
We went to the 435th pit sfterwards so Mason could get a couple of hours in shooting.
The first gate on the 435th Ave was closed & locked so we had to go in the back way.
I will talk with Mark Arneson the DNR District Manager tomorrow so the can get the combination lock put on the gate by Saturday so we can open it for the clean up.

I have a guy coming over this afternoon to change the rear brake cylinder on my 3/4 ton 4x4 so I can go grab one of the dump trailers later this week for the clean up.
I'll post an update in a day or two.
Pat & Mason.
Mason just started shooting trap a couple of weeks ago and is doing good at it.

I'll buy a few cases of clay pigeons for shooting after the clean up. I'll have a couple of paper target stands and targets available also for you guys to use after the clean up.

Thing are shaping up for the clean up this Saturday.
The DNR will have a combination lock on the gate for us to open for the clean up.
I will be picking up a 14 foot dump trailer Wednesday evening for hauling the trash to the Arlington transfer station.
I will be sending PMs to everyone who offered to help out on the clean up as a reminder.
If any one else wants to help out on the clean up or if you need directions to the pit please send me a PM..
THANK YOU, Pat

The pit clean up went well yesterday. We had six guys that showed up to help clean the pit. We got the lower pit totally cleaned up and two of use went to a pull off on the way down to the pit from the back way and cleaned up that garbage.
We got started around 8:30 and got it cleaned up a little after noon.
Bill did the cooking after the clean up. We had hamburgs,hotdogs , potato salad & chips.
I picked up twelve packs of coke, sprite, pepsi, mountain dew and a case of budweiser.
After lunch we set up and did some shooting.
Steel, paper and clay pigeons.
I,m glad we had the use of the dump trailer, there was a full load on it. I need to get a ride up to Darrington to pick up the truck & trailer later today. I'll probably go dump it at the transfer station either tomorrow or Tuesday.
All of the steel we through in the back of the pickup.
All of the wood we put in a big pile, with the burn ban in place we couldn't torch it.
We didn't clean the upper pit. I'll set up another clean up for that one. That pit won't take to long to get clean.

Thank you to every one for helping out, it wouldn't be possible to get it done without out your help.
Pat & Mason

20220820_120747.jpg 20220820_124842.jpg 20220820_124305_001.jpg 20220820_124311.jpg 20220820_125802.jpg 20220820_124859.jpg

The pit clean up went well yesterday. We had six guys that showed up to help clean the pit. We got the lower pit totally cleaned up and two of use went to a pull off on the way down to the pit from the back way and cleaned up that garbage.
We got started around 8:30 and got it cleaned up a little after noon.
Bill did the cooking after the clean up. We had hamburgs,hotdogs , potato salad & chips.
I picked up twelve packs of coke, sprite, pepsi, mountain dew and a case of budweiser.
After lunch we set up and did some shooting.
Steel, paper and clay pigeons.
I,m glad we had the use of the dump trailer, there was a full load on it. I need to get a ride up to Darrington to pick up the truck & trailer later today. I'll probably go dump it at the transfer station either tomorrow or Tuesday.
All of the steel we through in the back of the pickup.
All of the wood we put in a big pile, with the burn ban in place we couldn't torch it.
We didn't clean the upper pit. I'll set up another clean up for that one. That pit won't take to long to get clean.

Thank you to every one for helping out, it wouldn't be possible to get it done without out your help.
Pat & Mason

View attachment 1262547 View attachment 1262548 View attachment 1262549 View attachment 1262550 View attachment 1262551 View attachment 1262552
Way to go, Pat! Good on you guys!

@HighlandLofts , I finally posted a report on your cleanup. Sorry it took so long, but I've been hammered with long hot days fixing air conditioners!

Here's the link to your story:
Pat sent me this receipt and Trash No Land will reimburse him for it. (Cause we all appreciate the efforts to save and preserve a good place to shoot)!

View attachment 1264458
Nice I was supposed to go help but .
Stuff came up .
I couldn't make it.
So I joined trash no lands.
Just now as a donor
I didn't know that we can do that
100 bucks a year.
Is worth it and I can always make other payments if needed.

Nice I was supposed to go help but .
Stuff came up .
I couldn't make it.
So I joined trash no lands.
Just now as a donor
I didn't know that we can do that
100 bucks a year.
Is worth it and I can always make other payments if needed.
The 'ding' of the notification sound rang deaf on my ears, as I lay in early sleep exhausted from yet another long hot day of physically taxing work.
For some odd reason I am awakened in the wee hours of the morning with an overwhelming sense for the need to check my messages, and there it was... like a gift from an Angel! Immediately I realized there will be no more sleep for me, as there is joyous work to be done. I must return a note of thanks to my new donor!

:)

In other words... I got the notice of your donation and registration at the 'Protector' level, Ed! Thanks, Man! It's really appreciated! Sorry I was asleep at the time and couldn't reply right away! Email incoming.

Bill
(President: The guy who pretends to be a writer) :rolleyes:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR