Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pistolsmith in Southern Oregon?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by kirkcdl, Mar 4, 2009.

1. kirkcdl

kirkcdl Roseburg,ORYGUN Member

Hi all,I'm looking for a good pistolsmith within reasonable driving distance of Roseburg,reasonable being from approximately from Eugene to Grants Pass and equal distance East and West.Plus or minus a bit,of course...

My predicament-I have a Para Ordnance P14.45 LDA,and I just purchased a complete upper,(barrel,slide,spring),chambered in 357sig for my P14.The problem is that the slide rail slots are too small to fit my frame rails,it won't fit.I have a local guy that does exceptional work,but he's backed up for months,and I want to shoot my new upper as soon as possible,like NOW...

It will need to be someone equipped to mill my slide rail slots to fit my frame...

Am I out of luck,or do one of you know of one that isn't months out on their work?

I guess it's a good testimonial to this guys work that he's that busy,but this'll make me crazy if I have to wait...

Thanks in advance...

2. ski_dog

ski_dog Oregon Member

Sounds like you must have spoken to Bud in Grants Pass? He is always backed up. You might give Ed Boening a call. He's a good 'smith. 541-858-5066. He is in Medford, out by Black Bird.

3. kirkcdl

kirkcdl Roseburg,ORYGUN Member

Thanks,ski dog,I'll give Ed a call.The one I was referring to is Greg Cooper in Glide,he's somewhat of a legend among local LEOs,he told me tody that he hopes I'm not in a hurry because he's backed up a few months.If all else fails I'll go to him,he is really that good,I jud=st want to shoot my new thing ASAP...Thanks again...