Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Pistolsmith in Southern Oregon?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by kirkcdl, Mar 4, 2009.

1. kirkcdl

kirkcdl Roseburg,ORYGUN Member

Hi all,I'm looking for a good pistolsmith within reasonable driving distance of Roseburg,reasonable being from approximately from Eugene to Grants Pass and equal distance East and West.Plus or minus a bit,of course...

My predicament-I have a Para Ordnance P14.45 LDA,and I just purchased a complete upper,(barrel,slide,spring),chambered in 357sig for my P14.The problem is that the slide rail slots are too small to fit my frame rails,it won't fit.I have a local guy that does exceptional work,but he's backed up for months,and I want to shoot my new upper as soon as possible,like NOW...

It will need to be someone equipped to mill my slide rail slots to fit my frame...

Am I out of luck,or do one of you know of one that isn't months out on their work?

I guess it's a good testimonial to this guys work that he's that busy,but this'll make me crazy if I have to wait...

Thanks in advance...

2. ski_dog

ski_dog Oregon Member

Sounds like you must have spoken to Bud in Grants Pass? He is always backed up. You might give Ed Boening a call. He's a good 'smith. 541-858-5066. He is in Medford, out by Black Bird.

3. kirkcdl

kirkcdl Roseburg,ORYGUN Member

Thanks,ski dog,I'll give Ed a call.The one I was referring to is Greg Cooper in Glide,he's somewhat of a legend among local LEOs,he told me tody that he hopes I'm not in a hurry because he's backed up a few months.If all else fails I'll go to him,he is really that good,I jud=st want to shoot my new thing ASAP...Thanks again...