JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two things will be solved by police body camera 's one it will weed out the bad cop's and two there will be less frivolous law suits BAD GUY FAMILY TRYING TO SUE CITY CITY SAYS HERE THE VIDEO JUDGE TELLS BAD GUY'S FAMILY KICK ROCKS HE WAS A BAD GUY NOW HE'S A DEAD BAD GUY

Got some at our house, every time motion occurs it notifies your phone, you can watch it from there
I bet you see a lot of cats and stuff. I've always wanted that on photo or video. Used to set that up at my grandparents place every summer on game trails.

Good point about the body cams, EPS. I'm honestly more thinking of having a detailed record made at the time of an incident that can later be examined for training purposes, really a lot of reasons.

Need to mount my pano trail cam out where it can pickup whatever my motion sensor lights are picking up at 2AM.

I also have a cam for inside looking out - need to mount and hookup that too.

Need to get other cams too - one for looking out of the shop, one for the peak of the house looking out onto the driveway at least.

Finally, I need to get a:

7a9d05e0e7d331d2c502c8f71db2f269--tuit-the-square.jpg

My shop used to sell body cams to LEO agencies. Was a hard sell until a guy tried to kill some deputies. The guy said the police assaulted him... DA showed him the footage, instant plead. And that's how things continued to go. Good for 99.9% of law enforcement interactions, bad for just a few.

Really bad idea for civilian use.

Two things will be solved by police body camera 's one it will weed out the bad cop's and two there will be less frivolous law suits BAD GUY FAMILY TRYING TO SUE CITY CITY SAYS HERE THE VIDEO JUDGE TELLS BAD GUY'S FAMILY KICK ROCKS HE WAS A BAD GUY NOW HE'S A DEAD BAD GUY

Yes and the data seems to back that up where body cams have been mandated/used.

With a civilian, the system does not know you have a body cam, so you can control whether the system sees it or not. Have a righteous shoot - video will probably help if bad guy or prosecutor says something happened that did not happen. Have a bad shoot - don't volunteer the video.

What little I know about the law is that, in a criminal case, you don't have to volunteer or share evidence that incriminates yourself - that evidence is between you and your lawyer?

In a civil lawsuit, you don't have to volunteer evidence, but if the plaintiff requests it you have to provide it, unless it is protected (privileged or a work product) or irrelevant?

Either way, if you have a vid from a body cam, and you don't tell anybody about it, they would be unlikely to demand it if they did not know you were wearing a body cam - which is not likely today (how many people would stop to put on a body cam if there was somebody breaking in to their house?).

I think it's a bad idea to fiddle with a camera when every second counts, but hey, it's your life.

BTW as a prosecutor before trial all I have to say is, "does the defense have any knowledge or possession of photographic or other recorded media which pertains to the incident in question?" Then it's either they see the evidence or you're withholding and would look guilty if they ever declared it a mistrial. Or they would just charge you for withholding evidence seperately. Can't really plead the fifth on that, not without looking guilty anyway. Better just worry about saving your life and the life of your loved one's, than it is to worry about recording it with a POV camera...
Save it for the range.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads