1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

PistolCam Gun Mounted Cameras

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by provgencon, Apr 4, 2009.

1. provgencon

provgencon Montana New Member

have been doing a little research, an came across a great deal of opinions and articles about a company that tried to get it passed into law(somewhere USA) that police would have to use gun mounted DVR's (digital video recorders) as a hedge against police brutality.
    with the diversity of comments i found scouring the internet... i thought i'd post a topic. I thought about buying one, but i'd better do some thinkin first. what do you folks think?... is this a bad idea for fella to have on his night stand gun...just in case? or is it a good idea, a little extra backup evidence should the unthinkable happen?
  2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

He'd have to scream "I'm gonna kill you..." More likely, they will take something you say in heat of moment and use it against you for a manslaughter charge. Also, what you see in dark or shadow probably will not show up on a micro camera. Prosecutor- "Where is the knife in his hand that you SAID he came at you with? How convenient it was lying right by his hand when the police arrived..."
  3. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Think it's a bad idea for you and the police.
  4. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

Crazy talk! No thanks, one of those is not for me. I'm not concerned about this kind of thing at all. If I ever have to shoot somebody there will be good reason for it and if I'm imprisoned because of some twisted form of justice so be it. At least myself and my own will be alive and doing fine and one more bad guy is off the street.

I myself am much more concerned about being carried by 6 then tried buy 12... or however the saying goes.
  5. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

If I remeber right, I think it was New York city that tried to get that inacted...
  6. Otis

Otis Vancouver, WA Member

I think i read about that in Guns and Ammo.
  7. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

lol, I think it's a bad idea. I agree with Jordanvraptor, this idea could definitly backfire.