JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you use a can on your centerfire pistol?

• Total voters
Form 1 modular can (I can adjust it from 4"-10.5") on a glock 17. Super quiet at max length and no feed issues. Use it on everything that takes a 1/2x28 thread

20210206_144209.jpg

I have 4 CF pistol cans, a short and a long one each in 9mm & .45, BUT they don't get much use on pistols. I take em out every now n then, sometimes just because but mostly to let newbies have a go. The 9mm PCC with the long 9mm can is pretty dang fun.

My .22 pistols get shot more with .22 cans, and every CF rifle I own (except the 3 gun rifles) has a can. The rifle cans get most use of any I own.

Running 9mm and 45acp cans (CGS Mod9, CGS Nautilus, Rugged Obsidian 45) on HK VP9, 1911 DW Discretion, CZ SP01, FNX45. To my ears, running these cans and subsonic ammo they sound great. While not suppressed 22lr quite they are still very quite and a blast to shoot. Just wish 9mm subsonic hadn't become unobtanium as it was one of the few items I was not well prepared to weather an extended drought of availability.

Running 9mm and 45acp cans (CGS Mod9, CGS Nautilus, Rugged Obsidian 45) on HK VP9, 1911 DW Discretion, CZ SP01, FNX45. To my ears, running these cans and subsonic ammo they sound great. While not suppressed 22lr quite they are still very quite and a blast to shoot. Just wish 9mm subsonic hadn't become unobtanium as it was one of the few items I was not well prepared to weather an extended drought of availability.

I suspect the big issue people have with cans on pistols is ammo related. Good subsonic suppressor ammo makes a huge difference. Supers are loud, and cheap 147gr ammo, like blazer, is still pretty loud. Good purpose made suppressor ammo or handloads are where it's at. my 165gr loads with 2.8gr of titegroup is extremely quiet.

I load 160s & 145s in 9mm. They are plenty quiet. I just don't plink much with CF pistols, it's more fun to shoot a match and pistol cans suck in a match. If I lived in the country and had the land I'd set some steel up so I could step on the back deck and plink a few quiet mags whenever.

Dead Air Ghost M for .45acp and Rugged Obsidian for 9mm.
They're both a lot of fun.:s0155:
Since you own both, mind giving us your opinions? I'm having such a hard time deciding between these two brands for rifle/pistol it's maddening. Don't often get lucky enough to find someone who owns both of your interests

I load 160s & 145s in 9mm. They are plenty quiet. I just don't plink much with CF pistols, it's more fun to shoot a match and pistol cans suck in a match. If I lived in the country and had the land I'd set some steel up so I could step on the back deck and plink a few quiet mags whenever.
Any room for powder in those 160s? Not being a smart butt.

Any room for powder in those 160s? Not being a smart butt.
Yes sir, plenty. IIRC it's only 3.4 - 3.6 gr of whatever fast powder I'm loading at that time. I'm not near my notes, or I'd tell ya what I've loaded them with and OAL. But it was no problem.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top