JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you use a can on your centerfire pistol?

• Total voters
Reactions
Just curious to how many here use there suppressors on a pistol? Mainly centerfire caliber pistols.

I don't really. If I do it's because someone that hasn't shot a suppressor on one asked to. Otherwise my rimfire pistol is about the only pistol I suppress.

I have a p320 that suppresses really well, and a colt 1903 & 1908 I shoot solely suppressed. The 1903 is about as fun a thing to shoot suppressed as exists.

I do, my Dan Wesson Discretion is a great suppressor host, but I use them on my PCCs and PDWs (B&T APC45, USW-A1, MPX-K, CMMG Banshee and Q Honey Badger) more than anything.
IMG_20200527_201243.jpg

I have dedicated suppressors for specific firearms, just need the pistol one to cycle properly.

I tried it and didn't like it. The guns that cycled reliably, I couldn't get sights for, and it never worked 100% on a glock with range ammo, although I was able to get sights for it.

Slapped it on a 300blk shorty and much happier.

22 pistols? Yeah, got a bunch of them. Never have liked using them on centerfire pistols. Ive owned a few and have used them on handguns and they sound like nail guns. Theyre pretty damned loud.

Last Edited:
If you are talking centerfire: Yes, I have run them on pistols in the past. No, I don't presently, and don't have any plans to any time soon. All of the centerfire cans are run on various pistol/revolver caliber carbines, an SMG, or, in one case, a 5.56㎜ shorty.

If you mean rimfire: We have one .22 can that is swapped between a pistol and a 10/22. I find rimfire-anything about as interesting as watching paint dry, so not a big factor.

To each their own.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads