Pistol/SBR upper AR10 .308 ORC

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by Pilot Polda, Apr 18, 2012.

1. MasterChief1

MasterChief1
    ID

Hello?....a phantom thread? How did I get here...what kind of nutshell is this?

@Joe Link

MY Real question and how I found this.... @IronMonster

I would like to know how to build a .308....thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Looking at an AR platform

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. 308

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You might want to take a moment and re-write your post so it is not so cryptic.

As far as the AR goes, narrow that down a bit too. Build from scratch or what?

3. MasterChief1

MasterChief1
    ID

I searched for ".308 pistol" and ended up here....I didn't create the thread, just commented...not being cryptic...sorry.

I would like to build an AR .308 pistol and just trying to get thoughts on barrel length, gas/piston parts, brands, ideas, etc.

4. 308

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good idea...me too.
    If/when I do it will be ridiculously short, because why not.

5. MasterChief1

MasterChief1
    ID

Well..... I am trying to do what I have with my 9mm, 5.56, and .300 AR pistols....I firmly believe in pushing the capabilities of a round versus making it pretend to work the way you want it to in a specific AR "type". This takes looking at the gas/piston system, powder & burn, length/speed/charging, compatibility, abuse, functionality, and my temptress.... reliability..... I wanted the SBR FAL but..... I guess I just want to be DECIDED versus trying to find a zombie in the dark....esp by myself.