JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am new to the website, and still researching pistols, shotguns, ammo, and safes.

I came across this pistol safe by Fort Knox and thought I'd share the link. I liked the simplicity and speed of the combination mechanism.
<broken link removed>

You can see the pistol safe discussed on this Youtube video at 22m 30s into the video.
weaponseducation&#39;s Channel - YouTube

Full disclosure. I have no vested interest in any company. :)

Peter

Last Edited:
Only two pistols?

Good for a bedside safe for sure, but your going to need something bigger for the others.

I know here in PDX there are always several safe retailers at the gun shows. You can check out several makes under one roof.

Mike

Mike, agreed. I should have been more clear in that I'm ultimately seeking a bedside safe for a single pistol (likely the one mentioned above), and then a larger safe of say 15+ cubic feet.

Peter

I like the Gunvault small pistol safes. They just have 4 buttons that are even in a finger pattern and you press a certain sequence and the door drops open allowing instant access. I have a couple of these on my list of things to get when kids come into my life to keep my bedside weapon secure and available. Check them out and see if they are what you are looking for.

I've been using a <broken link removed> for the past 2-3 years. No problems with it yet (knock on wood..) and pretty easy to get into. Not going to stop someone determined, but good enough to keep a kid away or a smash-n-grab burglar. Once unlocked, it's easy to disconnect the security cable & take it with you. I didn't think this would be a feature I liked, but it allows me to take it to a family cabin and secure my handgun from kids up there. YMMV and all that.

In terms of full-sized gun safes (RSCs), I'm rather fond of the <broken link removed> safes.

We have 2 gunvaults, a mico that is lag bolted to my nightstand and a regular sized gun vault that is lag bolted to my wife's nightstand. I like them. I wish they had more space though. I like to keep an extra magazine a flashlight and a knife in them. It can get tricky once you try to get all that in there.

I have a gunvault also love it, try to use it at least twice a week. Have had no issues in two or so years since purchase. I like how it locks out if kids play with it. This thread reminds me I should change the batts though there are original! perfect for one gun next to bed, two makes quick access harder.

Thanks for all of the input.

I think Fort Knox could use some help with their website design and consistency. This separate link shows that they offer two variants for small home safes, and even an auto safe.
<broken link removed>

Peter

oldbrass, I can't go down that path with two teens (plus their friends) around. There will be times when the pistol is not within my reach, and therefore I need to secure it.

Peter

oldbrass, I can't go down that path with two teens (plus their friends) around. There will be times when the pistol is not within my reach, and therefore I need to secure it.

Peter
your right about that, I was being a little sarcastic about the issue. I would definately do the same thing..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top