Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pistol Question Here

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Halbeard, May 15, 2014.

1. Halbeard

Halbeard Spokane New Member

Hello, I am a relatively new member on here, I bought a handgun from another member a little while back. I am a Washington State resident and the deal was conducted just north of the border in Washington. I am 20 years old, and I am curious as to the laws pertaining to transportation of my pistol. I know this is a predominately Oregon forum but it's called NW Firearms so I thought I'd give it a try.

RCW.9.41.240 states: Unless an exception under RCW 9.41.042, 9.41.050, or 9.41.060 applies, a person at least eighteen years of age, but less than twenty-one years of age, may possess a pistol only:

(1) In the person's place of abode;

(2) At the person's fixed place of business; or

(3) On real property under his or her control.

Then, in RCW 9.41.050, this is stated:

(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

So... I can have it my car if it is not loaded and locked, and out of sight? And can I carry it FROM my car to a range or my house or whatever? Please help!