JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just trying to figure out how much powder it takes to load a billion rounds of 40 for the government. At 7 grains per round you could get 1,000 per pound of powder. I may have miscalculated but it looks like a million pounds of powder just for that order. Add to that all the other orders and it's easy to see why the shortage.o_O

Calbelas in Springfield had 2400, h-110 and W-296 as well as a bunch of rifle powders on the shelf yesterday. A week ago they had 8lb jugs of H- 4350 but that was all gone yesterday.

The Cabelas in Tualatin Oregon normally has Alliant 2400 and 4000. It sits on the selves for a couple of days. They have a more than 3different types of powders at any given time.

James

Sportman's Warehouse in Hillsboro got in Power Pistol about 2 weeks ago. I still hurt from forcing myself to only buy the one jar for $20 to leave the other for a brother also in need.

You might want to look here for those powders. They had two pistol powders I thought were nowhere to be found. https://reloadingunlimited.com/product-category/reloading-components/ The website is a pain to search and the prices are what we'll all be paying if not now already--then soon---retail (gasp!) which is probably why they had them in stock....while I was p osting this the search on that website finished and said 2400 was in stock.

Just ordered 2400 from reloadinggunlimited. 50 bucks a pound with hazmat and shipping, bend over and get used to it guys. Found some HS6 and 700X for 38 a pound includes hazmat and shipping. At least I can now put my new Dillon 650 to work.
Thanks for the link.

I paid $20 per lb for Unique and Power Pistol about a week ago ($19 after 5% discount). I refuse to pay or get used to mail ordering a pound at a time. Maybe I don't get the exact powder that I'd like to use, but I've not had much trouble finding suitable powders at local stores once every month or so.

Sportsman's Warehouse in Hillsboro and Fisherman's of Tigard. Both stores have other locations that are closer to you. The key is persistence and knowing what days of the week your local store tends to put out its powder. For example, on Tuesday afternoon of this week I walked into Fisherman's and saw 9 lbs of Varget, they come in boxes of 10lbs. Sportsman's Warehouse tends to stock later in the week, more like Thursday or Friday (they change it up every week).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top