Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pistol Powder

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Sabertooth, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Josephine County Active Member

Has 2400 powder been discontinued?? Haven't seen any for 5 years.

2. hondakilla98

hondakilla98 beaverton, or Active Member

I've been wondering the same thing. The pound I got from my dad is from the 90's.

3. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Just trying to figure out how much powder it takes to load a billion rounds of 40 for the government. At 7 grains per round you could get 1,000 per pound of powder. I may have miscalculated but it looks like a million pounds of powder just for that order. Add to that all the other orders and it's easy to see why the shortage.o_O

4. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I looked it up and the Alliant website. Looks like it's still in production. Maybe you'll just have to order some?

5. oremike

oremike Creswell, Oregon Well-Known Member

Calbelas in Springfield had 2400, h-110 and W-296 as well as a bunch of rifle powders on the shelf yesterday. A week ago they had 8lb jugs of H- 4350 but that was all gone yesterday.

6. JmcThe7th

JmcThe7th Beaverton, Or New Member

The Cabelas in Tualatin Oregon normally has Alliant 2400 and 4000. It sits on the selves for a couple of days. They have a more than 3different types of powders at any given time.

James

7. scrandall01215

scrandall01215 Washougal,WA Well-Known Member

I see 2400 on diff. Web sites all the time.

8. rutilate

rutilate Vancouver and Surrounds Active Member

Anyone seen any Power Pistol?

9. JmcThe7th

JmcThe7th Beaverton, Or New Member

I have yet to see any.

I managed to find 2lbs of accuacy #7, 2lbs of win autocomp and a lb of unique recently. I have yet to go to sportsmans and have heard they carry different powders than my usual spot.

James

10. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I have about 6 1/2 pounds of Power Pistol.

11. Steve M

Steve M Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Sportman's Warehouse in Hillsboro got in Power Pistol about 2 weeks ago. I still hurt from forcing myself to only buy the one jar for $20 to leave the other for a brother also in need.

12. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

13. Steve M

The cost of gas alone to drive from the Portland area to Yelm would cover a haz mat shipping fee.

14. rutilate

Yeah, I saw that one and got excited until I found where Yelm is on the map!

15. SinisterSouthpaw

SinisterSouthpaw SW WA Active Member

You might want to look here for those powders. They had two pistol powders I thought were nowhere to be found. https://reloadingunlimited.com/product-category/reloading-components/ The website is a pain to search and the prices are what we'll all be paying if not now already--then soon---retail (gasp!) which is probably why they had them in stock....while I was p osting this the search on that website finished and said 2400 was in stock.

16. Sabertooth

Just ordered 2400 from reloadinggunlimited. 50 bucks a pound with hazmat and shipping, bend over and get used to it guys. Found some HS6 and 700X for 38 a pound includes hazmat and shipping. At least I can now put my new Dillon 650 to work.
    Thanks for the link.

17. Sabertooth

Check out Gun Broker.com. Some times lots of powder listed.

18. Steve M

I paid $20 per lb for Unique and Power Pistol about a week ago ($19 after 5% discount). I refuse to pay or get used to mail ordering a pound at a time. Maybe I don't get the exact powder that I'd like to use, but I've not had much trouble finding suitable powders at local stores once every month or so.

19. rutilate

Steve M, where are you finding powder locally? I'm new here and am still discovering new favorites.

20. Steve M

Sportsman's Warehouse in Hillsboro and Fisherman's of Tigard. Both stores have other locations that are closer to you. The key is persistence and knowing what days of the week your local store tends to put out its powder. For example, on Tuesday afternoon of this week I walked into Fisherman's and saw 9 lbs of Varget, they come in boxes of 10lbs. Sportsman's Warehouse tends to stock later in the week, more like Thursday or Friday (they change it up every week).