JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So stop crapping on Sportsmans for your lack of knowledge and inattention to detail. YOU SCREWED UP YOU BOUGHT THE WRONG POWDER FOR YOUR NEEDS.
Ditto this! Mark makes a good point here. Reloading components are not something you simply ask for - reloading is unique in that the components you need will be based on reloading data you study. Your statement: 'I told him I wanted pistol powder and like a dope I didn't notice until I got home.' does not make sense in that is sounds like you had no idea what you were looking for and took whatever you were handed. If you are new to reloading then start by reading a few of the many threads on the subject. You will find a lot of good info as well as a lot of redundant information such as starting with a good reloading manual.

I'm not surprised they didn't take it back. Every place I've ever shopped for powder and primers have a standing policy to not accept returns. It is to protect the next person who buys that returned item...nothing against you. Sportsman is a great place to shop so it would be a shame you no longer go there just because of this. Lets face it...you are partly at fault here too.

The good news is you should be able to sell or swap R17 for pistol powder fairly easily.

My final advice...unless you know the person behind the counter, I would never trust their advice or suggestions until you cross reference that information. Either with someone you know that knows, or something that is written in a manual or off an Internet website that carries credibility like Sierra, Nosler or Hodgdon. The gun forums have members that give good advice, but there are a lot of members that post information that is equal to the bozo that sold you the R17 as a pistol powder at Sportsman.

I'm not surprised they didn't take it back. Every place I've ever shopped for powder and primers have a standing policy to not accept returns.
Sportsman's in Bend has placards all over the reloading department so stating the no return policy. And ditto on Sportsman's being a great place to shop.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top