JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey I have a question pertaining to rifles and shotguns with pistol grips, see I went to a pawn shop yesterday and they had a nice Yugo UF AK47 and I was going to do a layaway,but when I showed him my ID he saw I wasn't 21 and said I couldn't do the layaway cause the rifle has a pistol grip and he cant sell a pistol grip rifle/shotgun to anyone under 21 and I was wondering is that true? Cause he went to look it up just in case and he couldn't find the regulation so he's going to ask his buddy on Wednesday if its true.

Haha, sounds like the dealer was full of something.

A rifle is a rifle whether or not it has a pistol grip stock or not, now if it was an AK without a stock, it would be a pistol, and you would have to be 21, but to buy an underfolder you just have to be 18.

The stock has nothing to do with it. It's about barrel length. The guy at the pawn shop doesn't know what he is talking about. I'm also curious if it's a pistol grip by itself, a folding stock, or a solid stock that has a pistol grip. It doesn't make a difference but I'm just curious.

Its an Underfolder stock and i do live in Wa. He read something on THR that i guess caused him to not do the layaway for me, but he has it on "layaway" (IE its in the back) for me till Wednesday that's when his buddy will be able to tell him if he can sell it to me or not.

The stock has nothing to do with it. It's about barrel length. The guy at the pawn shop doesn't know what he is talking about. I'm also curious if it's a pistol grip by itself, a folding stock, or a solid stock that has a pistol grip. It doesn't make a difference but I'm just curious.

Well the stock does matter on some guns, because a rifle has a minimum OAL. :s0155:

Its an Underfolder stock and i do live in Wa. He read something on THR that i guess caused him to not do the layaway for me, but he has it on "layaway" (IE its in the back) for me till Wednesday that's when his buddy will be able to tell him if he can sell it to me or not.

"Read something on THR"
"Waiting for his buddy"

I think it's time to find a new gun shop.

I have to be honest.... I have never had a good experience in pawn shops...... there are plenty of good deals on the internet. If you have problems with buying it yourself maybe a friend can help you out. I say what I say assuming your a "good" guy hahahahaha
Pawn shops people are like car sales men........ can't trust them in my opinion. Just something creepy about them....... good luck on your AK ...... I own one and I LOVE IT hahahahaha :s0155:

I think it's time to find a new gun shop.

+1

Look bud, the market has loosened up on most rifles and I am 95% positive if you shop around you can find a better deal. Unless this YUGO UF is the cats meow or is priced under $400, walk away. There are many reputable gun dealers in the Puget Sound area that will give you a fair deal on a new rifle who are smart enough not to insult or jerk you around.

if you have any questions, PM me. I don't want to see a young man ripped off of his hard earned money.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads