JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With the Rugers make sure the bolt face is clean. Crud builds up under the ejector on the face of the bolt. This will cause fail to eject and leave a spent case rattling around in the receiver.

I use an acid brush with the bristles cut short and scrub the bolt face with CLP. Give bolt a spray down with CLP, wipe down all surfaces with lint free cloth, then Run a brush and swab down the barrel. After you've done this 8-10 times you'll be able to do it blindfolded.

IMO

I think too many over clean their firearms.

I have started to use, and really like Frog Lube
there are other similar products.

After your have seasoned (just like with a cast iron pot) cleaning is pretty much wipe with microfibre cloth.

After my last trip, I was able to clean the feed ramp / chamber with just the cloth and a "pro" q-tip.
I get those in the beauty section at Freddies - not the soft cottony ones, more like foam - a pack of 25 was like a $1.

If you carry in brackish or salt water (like along the coast) I did see a YouTube on the rust protection Frog Lube offers.

Before that it was, and I still have, CLP and Hoppes solvent.

Think about where you might need to clean. At home? Or, are you on the road a lot? Are you going to be off in the wilds - ie handgun hunting? If so, your needs might vary.

American Hangunner - Roy Huntington
Gun Cleaning 101 - YouTube

Hi hjahvon,
Well I myself use Simply Green Cleaner and Rinse off with water. Can not see running the dish washer just for one gun. But yes Washing the gun of with Simply Green then brushing it then Rinseing with water. Come over to my place and I will show you. Contact me by PM.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads