JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I set out to build a 9mm Glock mag pistol. This one has a 5" TROS 3 lug barrel to use with my TiRant 45 silencer and triad mount. Got all the parts together and assembled today. Unfortunately I neglected to check the ID of the forend when I ordered it and yep....The silencer doesnt fit. Oops. Just ordered up a different 3.2" forend for it that will fit. Got another 3" barrel upper in the works.

I was going to cut down a old .223 barrel for a dedicated .22 SBR upper. I'll just use the forend on it.

5xBuPT.jpg

r7jssp.jpg

Yeah. Kaw Valley makes them. Its the shortest rail I could find. It'll put the tri lugs just past the end of the rail. The 3" barrel will be well inside the other 4" rail but thats fine . It'll have a silencer on it when in use. The 5" barrel I have a AAC blackout trilug flash hider inbound for.

Its just a truck gun :)

nWifCm.jpg

I set out to build a 9mm Glock mag pistol. This one has a 5" TROS 3 lug barrel to use with my TiRant 45 silencer and triad mount. Got all the parts together and assembled today. Unfortunately I neglected to check the ID of the forend when I ordered it and yep....The silencer doesnt fit. Oops. Just ordered up a different 3.2" forend for it that will fit. Got another 3" barrel upper in the works.

I was going to cut down a old .223 barrel for a dedicated .22 SBR upper. I'll just use the forend on it.

View attachment 411870

View attachment 411871
Have you fired it with the Law Tactical Folder? Does it operate ok? I had heard that it was not designed for 9mm AR?
Looks real good by the way

It will not fire folded and there is no reason why the LAW folder wont work with the 9mm. The back of the 9mm carrier has a pinned in steel weight to help slow the 9mm carrier down a bit. Replace it with the LAW carrier extension and use a heavier 9mm buffer . Ive got it set up with a binary trigger right now which uses a Wolf extra strength spring as well so it has more than enough mass and extra spring to keep everything under control.

Wired, I might be in need of some education. I've built a couple AR pistols and like the idea of a folder on a short barrel. If this 9mm pistol has a barrel that short and takes extended Glock mags, what's the advantage over just owning a smaller and lighter Glock and using the same mag?

If the simple (and maybe obvious) answer is "because I can", then I totally get it. Are there any other advantages I'm not aware of?

Wired, I might be in need of some education. I've built a couple AR pistols and like the idea of a folder on a short barrel. If this 9mm pistol has a barrel that short and takes extended Glock mags, what's the advantage over just owning a smaller and lighter Glock and using the same mag?

If the simple (and maybe obvious) answer is "because I can", then I totally get it. Are there any other advantages I'm not aware of?
The difference is that it's hard to shoulder (or cheek) a Glock

Theres a few things .

1.Of course the thing sticking out the back there is just a stabilizer that you would attach to your forearm to help support the "pistol" . Its not a buttstock that you would use to get a good sight picture and hold the weapon firmly against your shoulder. Because its a pistol.

2. MUCH Better optics and sight choices.

3. Glocks work sort of OK with silencers. AR's work MUCH better if they are set up with the right buffer and springs. Plus you can use a quick connect tri lug with a fixed 9mm barrel whereas you cannot with a moving Glock barrel .

4. The cool factor.

I would have set this up as an SBR on an SBR lower but you cant carry a loaded rifle in the truck in Washington. You can carry a loaded pistol so....This is a pistol. Right. I have a glock I carry around and I like the mag interchangeability. I'll keep a 17 mag in the gun with a few 33 rounders nearby.

Theres a few things .

1.Of course the thing sticking out the back there is just a stabilizer that you would attach to your forearm to help support the "pistol" . Its not a buttstock that you would use to get a good sight picture and hold the weapon firmly against your shoulder. Because its a pistol.

2. MUCH Better optics and sight choices.

3. Glocks work sort of OK with silencers. AR's work MUCH better if they are set up with the right buffer and springs. Plus you can use a quick connect tri lug with a fixed 9mm barrel whereas you cannot with a moving Glock barrel .

4. The cool factor.

I would have set this up as an SBR on an SBR lower but you cant carry a loaded rifle in the truck in Washington. You can carry a loaded pistol so....This is a pistol. Right. I have a glock I carry around and I like the mag interchangeability. I'll keep a 17 mag in the gun with a few 33 rounders nearby.

Nice response.... I would have just went with "Because I wanna"

Got in a tri lug AAC blackout flash suppressor today. These were designed for MP5's but I like the look on the AR pistol. Still waiting on the short handguard so I can use my silencer but I do like the look on here.

3dsxP6.jpg

i4Acpm.jpg

I cant put it on yet. Thats the screwup. The rail forend is too small inside to fit a tirant silencer. I never imagined they would make it too small for a standard sized pistol caliber silencer. My fault for not checking beforehand. Ive got a appropriate sized rail inbound and Ill use that one on a 4 inch .22lr SBR upper.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top