JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It just made me smile, that's all.

I was reading the thread through and kept thinking, where did the guy from the beginning go.

Nothing to see here, just a bunch of pistol cal nuts!!!

I hear you, I was thinking the same thing reading this before you brought it up and was smiling at it to. Hey I love the fairly new interest in PCC's. As many who know me know I have been a big fan of these things most of my life. Until fairly recently I was the odd man out. Few had any use for them and many openly seemed to hate them more that GOP Presidents :) Now days I seem to have found a lot of new followers of the PCC. It's becoming almost like the 1911, seems almost everyone wants to make one now. I love it :)

OP here. I just asked the question, stepped back, and listened. That's how I roll.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Perhaps so, but answering questions like those quoted below will help people help you. So by "black" do you mean color black? or evil scary look black? With regards to the Ruger PCC not fitting the criteria is the stock which could be replaced or painted? or it the mag and still scary looking? With the lever gun, are opposed to the action itself, manual operation in general, tubular mag? But I guess if your intent was to get a bunch of random answers that works, too

I get the black rifle aversion, but why not a levergun? The Marlin 1894 and Winchester 1892 have all the accuracy, reliability, and solid wood looks that anyone could ever hope for.

Is this a troll thread?o_O

Possible but a LOT of shooters are leery of the "AR, or Assault looking" rifles any more. If the OP is serious I assumed this is what he was wanting. A semi PCC that does not have that "evil look" to it. Since so many snowflakes have melt downs when they see any thing that looks like those rifles that take off on their own and start killing people all by themselves. :)

So by "black" do you mean color black? or evil scary look black? With regards to the Ruger PCC not fitting the criteria is the stock which could be replaced or painted? or it the mag and still scary looking? With the lever gun, are opposed to the action itself, manual operation in general, tubular mag? But I guess if your intent was to get a bunch of random answers that works, too

My intent was to get a bunch if answers and see what my options are.

By non evil black, I really meant wood stock but was trying to say it in a funny way. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm not a big fan of lever action rifles and I wanted to know what else was out there that I hadn't heard of. That is why I excluded them.

No, this was not a troll thread. I just wanted to get some input. Thanks to those of you who took the time to reply.

Well, it's a .308 but not black or lever...

TURTAR40-095.jpg

Turnbull TAR-40. I'm sure if you asked nice and dangled enough cash they could do something like this for you in a pistol caliber...

View attachment 467686 This is the Queen.........everything else is silly and underpowered. 44 Magnum rules.

Too bad those never really caught on. If they had some enterprising person would come up with an easy low price mag extension. One that went to the end of the barrel. Still miss the one I had for a while but that was the only (to me) down side to it at the time. I had toyed with the idea a new mag made for mine but just did not want to spend the $$ to have just one made. When I see what the ones floating around for now sell for, well damn! :)

OP here. I just asked the question, stepped back, and listened. That's how I roll.

Thanks for the input everyone.

I read through this entire thread and enjoyed it.

As for your original question, it probably won't matter in the end what your firearm looks like......some anti gun wing nut will still think it's a "assualt weapon".

E

Get yourself a Super Blackhawk in .30 Carbine and an M1 Carbine and you're good to go. It isn't black, it doesn't have a lever and the stock is warm comforting wood.
Of course you'd have to be quick on the draw. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top