JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im getting ready to put a brace on an AK pistol platform as I wait to SBR it. What is the most comfortable brace out there to shoot with. It does not have to be an AK specific brace as there are ways to put AR style braces on. Im looking for something I can shoot quite allot.

Mods I wasn't sure which specific forum this belonged in so please feel free to move it to where it needs to be.

Im getting ready to put a brace on an AK pistol platform as I wait to SBR it. What is the most comfortable brace out there to shoot with. It does not have to be an AK specific brace as there are ways to put AR style braces on. Im looking for something I can shoot quite allot.

Mods I wasn't sure which specific forum this belonged in so please feel free to move it to where it needs to be.
KAK shockwave to me works the best, also the newer one from SB tactical looks/works great but is a lot more expensive than the KAK. I had a few KAKs when they first came out but ended up selling them for the SIG braces. I realized that was a mistake as the SIG braces (gen 1 and 2) are bulkier and much less aesthetically pleasing in my opinion. I wish Magpul would hurry up and make a pistol brace :cool:.

I like the newer Sig Brace (SB Tactical) for the AK:

6593AD6F-762F-42BE-ACD1-73011C16D992.jpeg

Last Edited:
Did they ever rule on whether you could shoulder the KAK Brace? I kept hearing it was only the SB Tactical that could be shouldered. Part of the reason I chose it over the KAK.
If I recall the shockwave website says they too got the green light to shoulder.
I guess kak industries is also coming out with a smaller profile brace. About 1/2 the size of the original.. sadly the same price, if not more.. haha

Depends on the AK. I did up a M85 and needed to drill into the receiver to mount an adapter for a pistol tube and then added the KAK brace. If your SBRing and plan on using an AR15 stock you may want to go this route so you will already have the ability to mount an AR buffer tube when your stamp comes in.

Yugo M92/M85 Tapered Shim
Universal Carbine Adapter

8DA96C21-9174-4E46-83BF-845ED0902EBE.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR